Chocolate Cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about eating healthier at school than at home!! I lost so much weight in college because I got to choose what was in the apartment.

I would say get a dark chocolate candy bar. It may not be everyone's favorite, but after awhile you will appreciate the pure taste of chocolate. You can eat it slower, and really appreciate it. See if there are smaller bars you can buy for individual cravings, or try to open a package and just eat a third of it. I've also heard the Dove dark chocolate hearts are good. But again, you have to trust yourself!! You can always split a candy bar with a friend too! haha

Key is, don't deprive yourself. Get the real deal. I also like the sees idea.
  • electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ALSO you can tell your friends and family you are reducing your sugar intake. It doesn't have to mean saying you're on a diet, but talk about how you have much more energy throughout the day and feel healthier when you resist sugar.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Those brownies are the best!!!! I could eat the whole pan! Luckily I resist though and the good thing, my family likes them as well!! No pudge all the way!! Also, you can get a chocolate cake mix and substitute all the ingredients for a diet coke..... Still tastes great and very moist! Plus you can get your chocolate fix without all the fat and calories..... Good luck and best wishes! From a definite chocolate lover! :)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Homemade "Chocolate" Bar
    - 1 banana
    - 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    Peel and slice the banana. Put the banana and cocoa powder in a food processor, blender or mix by hand until completely combined and creamy. Cut 2 pieces of wax paper and spray both with nonstick cooking spray. Place one sheet on a cookie sheet, scoop out the chocolate mixture onto the paper, then place the second piece on top. Using a rolling pin or your fingers, spread out the chocolate until it is just a thin layer. Remove the top piece of wax paper. Freeze until solid and enjoy!
    -140 calories for entire "chocolate" bar

Chocolate Ice Cream
    - 1/2 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
    - 2 Tbsp skim milk
    - 1/4 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (optional)
    - 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill for 10 to 20 minutes or until thicker. (Or just enjoy like a milkshake or frosty)
    - 100 calories for entire recipe

I hope this helps with your chocolate cravings!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who would throw them out! I have done that SO many times, too! I feel horrible but it was the only way. I've gotten better though. And thank you for the list!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I always keep chocolate mini rice cakes, and i buy the mini sixlets
    comes 8 in a little plastic sleeve for 20 cal I love to let them melt in
    my mouth one at a time.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When I get the craving, I put a little of Walden Farms sugar-free, fat-free, zero-calorie chocolate syrup into some soy or almond milk. Only as much calories as the milk I use (60-80).
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    try having a sugar free hot cocoa made with skim milk at night. Gives you calcium, protein, and won't hurt your diet! :) I am also a chocoholic, I try to substitute my desserts with FF frozen cool whip and fruit or fruit with peanut butter. Its hard though! Sometimes I would rather just have dessert and skip the meal! haha!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Here are some great low cal recipes:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/dessert-recipes.html

I have the chocolate chocolate chip biscottis which are very good. They look more like brownies but I still like them.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic. I don't deprive myself of anything that I want and I don't feel guilty for eating things that I like. You have to have control over food and not let food have control over you. When a person let food have control over them, they allow food to make them feel bad.

There's nothing wrong with eating something that you want. But, you have to have control over the amount you want.

My advice to everyone that loves chocolate is to buy your favorite chocolate treat and if it comes in mini size buy that, instead of the larger size. If you like brownies, buy a box of Little Debbie brownies or you can always buy a box of brownie mix and bake your own brownies. If it's ice cream. Buy the little cup size. It may come 12 in a pack. Whatever your chocolate favorite is, buy it.

Okay, this is what you do next. Storage candies in a plastic $1.00 container if you don't already have a container. For the brownies, if you buy the Little Debbie brownies or even off brand brownies, store them in a plastic container as well. If they are the brownies that comes two to a pack, take all the brownies out of their packages and store them in a good size ziplock bag and then put it in the storage. If you have to bake the brownies, bake it and cut it in square pieces and put the pieces in a good size ziplock bag and store it as well. For ice cream cups, you can leave it in the bag or take them out of the bag.

You be in control of your chocolate. If you want a piece of chocolate candy, go to your container and tell yourself, "I'm only having one candy." Take that one candy and leave from your container. Whatever you chocolate is, do the same thing. Tell yourself, "I'm only having one ????"

Your body may scream for more, but tell it no and stand firmly on your no. It will be hard at first, but your body will get use to it and get use to only getting one.
  • ewalker10
    ewalker10 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a chocolate lover, too. Don't deprive yourself completely, allow yourself a treat or reward every so often! Skinny Cow ice cream treats are great! Lower calorie than normal ice creams, and there are a lot of options. Also Healthy Choice premium fudge bars are 100 calories and taste amazing! Very chocolate-y. :)

Amen to skinny cow!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Fiber One's 90 Calorie chewy chocolate bar is really tasty: http://www.fiberone.com/product/calories.aspx?key=chocolate

And also, Special K's chewy hocolate bar: http://www.specialk.com/cereal-bars/chocolate-pretzel/

I also heard, but haven't tried Dylan's 100 calorie chocolate bars: http://www.dylanscandybar.com/chocolate_chocolate-bars/100-calorie-pack/
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for those pretzel m&ms! And the Fiber One bars are good, too. :) One bar I really love is the Kashi dark chocolate coconut. You should try! :)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't stand dark chocolate. It's always too bitter for me! D:'
    I am a sucker for those pretzel m&ms! And the Fiber One bars are good, too. :) One bar I really love is the Kashi dark chocolate coconut. You should try! :)
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch Time Tastes Exactly like a Butter finger!!!! the 3-2-1 plan ones. they have 100 cals