Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It works and delivers results! I love it!!!!!!!! Try a few different instructors to find the best fit :)
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I tried my first class last night and had so much fun. Does anyone have any website recommendations for learning the steps?

You can't really "learn" the steps. While there are some basics, you will learn them after a few classes. Just keep going and you'll keep getting better! Every instructor has different routines.
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It absolutely works!! I've also lost pounds and inches, especially after starting MFP!! Like another poster mentioned, my instructors use popular music and not Latin. I do 4-6 classes a week and absolutely love it!!! If nothing else it's fun!!
  • lamettia
    lamettia Posts: 3
    Options
    IS IT HARD FOR A PERSON JUST STARTING TO WORKOUT ?
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    OMG ZUMBAAAA!!!! It's ADDICTIVE!!!!! :D I do it 3 times a week! One thing I'll say is, try it once. It can be kind of scary at first. Its FAST and the steps are sometimes hard to get...but keep at it because you WILL get it!!!! My first class I was confused, and after the first song I was DONE LOL! It's alot of work but yes you burn 500+ calories per class and its FUN! The songs get stuck in your head, and you learn the dance moves so that you end up in your kitchen making dinner, salsa dancing to Pitbull songs LMFAO! :D Just one thing, DONT GIVE UP on it. Once you start to get the moves you will seriously love it!!!!

I totally agree... it takes a couple of classes to get used to the moves...just keep at it and HAVE FUN!!! Nobody is judging you....they are too busy trying to keep up too :) At first I didn't feel like I was getting a good workout b/c I didn't really break a sweat & my HRM said I was burning about 300 calories. Once I learned the moves a little better, I was sweating with the rest of the class!!! I burn about 450-500 calories per class. And the class goes really fast & then you are done & it was fun! Try it and give it a few classes & you will be hooked!!! I have been working hard at the gym for about 3 months now, so my cardio fitness is a lot better than it was, so it is a little harder to burn calories like I used to...a little trick...get on a machine for about 10-15 minutes before class & get your hr up...the calories will melt off!!!
  • jfreib1
    jfreib1 Posts: 2
    Options
    IS IT HARD FOR A PERSON JUST STARTING TO WORKOUT ?

All types of people take my class...I personally think it's great for those just starting to work out! Although everyone is doing the same moves, everyone can take it to the level that they want to. Its also great for beginners because it's so much fun, it doesn't even feel like a workout. When I first started, it was a great motivator for me to keep working out every week because I enjoyed it so much...give it a try! What do you have to lose? :)