Blasted hips!

Options
I'm losing fat! Awesome!
But not in my hips. Which is where I need the fat lost the most. Ironically.
Does anyone else have the same issue?
It's bogging me down. After months of working hard, eating right, and bouncing back into a running regime; I still have no luck at losing fat from the hip/thigh areas.

You can't spot reduce. I do a lot of cardio. So, I want to know is, do any of you have this problem? Have you overcome it? Finally whittled down those stubborn fat pockets around your lower body? How did (or how did you think you did it) you do it?
Because now I'm beginning to doubt the fat won't come off and that worries me.

Replies

• Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    You can tone the area. I've not done it personally, but someone I'm friends with on MFP had amazing results in the whole hip area from Brazil Booty Lift (DVD workout).
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Navie's right.. you'd have to tone your hips/thighs. Everyone has a different shape but I'm assuming your hip/thigh area is where your body is storing the fat and it'll probably be one of the last to go as running doesn't really target that area. I see the biggest results when I tried some standing leg abduction exercises with resistance bands (girl do those work!) and when I do yoga and pilates.
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll add in more hip/leg exercises tomorrow!
  • Arianaml
    Arianaml Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm built the same way & what seems to help me is pilates & weights. There are a few pilates exercises for legs/butt that I noticed really help. I started doing them on comcast 'on demand' but am not sure if they're still on there, just a lower body pilates thing. Since then I kinda picked a few I like & try to do them, if I'm consistent they really help. Also, I never used to focus on my arms because I didn't think I needed to but what I found was that doing some simple exercises with light (5lb) weights defined my shoulders a little & made them look more in balance with my hips. Last summer I was doing these things + cardio & the combination worked really well, I'm trying to start it again. Nothing crazy, just 5 or so min of each & 30 or so cardio. Don't feel bad about being curvy though, it's how women are supposed to be built!
  • plentyoo7
    plentyoo7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks! I workout hard, no lie. My endurance and strength have improved and I have thinned out every where but the problem area. I don't mind being curvy. I just mind carrying about 30lbs of extra weight in my hips. It just sucks that I've been working so hard for so long and the fat still clings on for dear live to my hips and thighs. Eviction notice commence!