Argh - I've been so hungry feeling the last few days

Options
JennsRAQ
JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
I obviously need to be eating things that fill me up better. I've had WAY too much cereal the past few days. I've been going to sleep feeling hungry and waking up feeling hungry.. ARGH

Best advice for staving it away? Drinking water just makes me more hungry or sick to my stomach and chewing gum is okay for during the day, but torturous at night because it reminds my jaw it wants to be chomping something. ;)

I was over my calories today because I kept getting hungry between meals and after them.. I also didn't really log all of my exercise (I went to the mall and to the grocery store, so I did a lot more walking around than I normally do - I didn't track how long it was so I didn't log it. I normally wouldn't have been that active during those times so I think it should count and I probably technically wasn't over my cals or not by the 130 cals shown on there).

Do you think zig zagging would help me? Do you think I should just make myself divide my calories into several smaller meals rather than 3 main meals + snacks? Should I do something else?

Thoughts??

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    If you are always hungry (lately or ever) maybe upping your daily calories would help.

I was feeling that way when I had mine set to 1200 a day (netting a little under on most days).

Last week I upped mine to 1530 and net between 1300 and 1500 daily and no longer feel hungry. AND I lost 4 pounds. Guess my metabolism needed a boost.

Try it for a week and see what happens :smile: Good luck!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Hi, I checked your diary and it seems you are not getting much bang for your buck in calories, so to speak. Eating out frequently is probably what's doing you in! A lot of those places use ingredients that are MEANT to make your hungrier--like high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils. (the cereal probably has HFCS too).

I would suggest many many more fresh fruits and veggies (fiber!!), and home-cooked proteins so you can feel satiated and full for longer.

Feel free to take a peek at my diary for ideas.

blessings.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I HAVE been eating out a LOT more the last few days. Family was in town and I was the delivery girl for them :-/ I will get back to eating what I have in my house instead of eating out quite so much this week. I know it will help.

I eat more salad when I eat out but end up eating less fresh fruit and homemade meals when I'm not home a lot :(

I need to get a meal plan together!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you are always hungry (lately or ever) maybe upping your daily calories would help.

I was feeling that way when I had mine set to 1200 a day (netting a little under on most days).

Last week I upped mine to 1530 and net between 1300 and 1500 daily and no longer feel hungry. AND I lost 4 pounds. Guess my metabolism needed a boost.

Try it for a week and see what happens :smile: Good luck!

I agree with her. I wasn't feeling hungry on 1200, but so many people said if you eat more, you'll lose more. I decided to give it a try and it worked :)
  • kd10680
    kd10680 Posts: 31
    Options
    If I get on a cereal kick it sets me up for failure....granola is my weakness! As ppl said prior....fruit and veggies and adding good for you snacks with protein helps me. Best of luck with finding new things to add to your menu....it is hard for us all at certain times!