Say Hello To My Little Friend.....

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
my size 6 jeans! woo hooo!!!!!! I OWNED 1 PAIR OF 10'S, NEVER OWNED A PAIR OF 8'S, LET ALONE 6'S!!!! (maybe when I WAS 6!)

100_6629.jpg

100_6633.jpg

100_6636.jpg

It's been a long 10 months. I can only take off around 4 pounds a month. Which is what it averages out to. I would lose 1, then nothing, lose 2, then nothing for 3 weeks, gain 1, lose 2 and so on and so on.
My sister in laws wedding was in July and felt really good about myself. That was goal number 1. Goal number 2 was to be able to walk Disney and not get pooped out. Goal accomplished. Goal number 3 was my 20 year reunion. And that is this weekend. I bought an outfit yesterday and feel pretty good about myself. It's also going to be a long weekend of activities, so I had to make sure I had all outfits that flattered me the best! So I made sure I had great fitting jeans (these) that actually make me look like I have a butt. (I don't, it's as flat and deflated as a pancake/balloon) but these jeans are fabulous and make me look like I have one. And to make sure that whatever shirt and jacket I was going to wear flattered me in every way possible. (the ex HS boyfriends gonna be there and I want to shove it in his face, hahaha!)
I still have around 15-20 more to go I think. My stomach is still huge and working on my back and arm fat. But I'm pleased when I try on clothes. Actually, now that I think of it, I actually LIKE to try on clothes now. I don't leave after 3 hours in a store empty handed and crying like I use to. I still get a little discouraged when shirts don't fit me, but I figure, some day I'll have a tummy tuck and the problem will be solved, so I might as well just deal with covering my problem area the best I can and revel in the fact that I have lost 30 pounds and people are actually calling me skinny now!

Keep it up everyone. It takes time. One day at a time. If you mess up, start again. You will eventually achieve your goal. And someday I will too. Let's do it together!
Jennifer:heart:

WHOA! I JUST CHECKED THE POST! SORRY MY BUTT IS SO BIIIIIIG! HAHAHAHAHAH LOL

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    my size 6 jeans! woo hooo!!!!!! I OWNED 1 PAIR OF 10'S, NEVER OWNED A PAIR OF 8'S, LET ALONE 6'S!!!! (maybe when I WAS 6!)

100_6629.jpg

100_6633.jpg

100_6636.jpg

It's been a long 10 months. I can only take off around 4 pounds a month. Which is what it averages out to. I would lose 1, then nothing, lose 2, then nothing for 3 weeks, gain 1, lose 2 and so on and so on.
    My sister in laws wedding was in July and felt really good about myself. That was goal number 1. Goal number 2 was to be able to walk Disney and not get pooped out. Goal accomplished. Goal number 3 was my 20 year reunion. And that is this weekend. I bought an outfit yesterday and feel pretty good about myself. It's also going to be a long weekend of activities, so I had to make sure I had all outfits that flattered me the best! So I made sure I had great fitting jeans (these) that actually make me look like I have a butt. (I don't, it's as flat and deflated as a pancake/balloon) but these jeans are fabulous and make me look like I have one. And to make sure that whatever shirt and jacket I was going to wear flattered me in every way possible. (the ex HS boyfriends gonna be there and I want to shove it in his face, hahaha!)
    I still have around 15-20 more to go I think. My stomach is still huge and working on my back and arm fat. But I'm pleased when I try on clothes. Actually, now that I think of it, I actually LIKE to try on clothes now. I don't leave after 3 hours in a store empty handed and crying like I use to. I still get a little discouraged when shirts don't fit me, but I figure, some day I'll have a tummy tuck and the problem will be solved, so I might as well just deal with covering my problem area the best I can and revel in the fact that I have lost 30 pounds and people are actually calling me skinny now!

Keep it up everyone. It takes time. One day at a time. If you mess up, start again. You will eventually achieve your goal. And someday I will too. Let's do it together!
    Jennifer:heart:

WHOA! I JUST CHECKED THE POST! SORRY MY BUTT IS SO BIIIIIIG! HAHAHAHAHAH LOL
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    HURRAY! Awesome job! Perseverance, they call it. You surely are inspiring!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: - you deserve them all.

And those jeans fit you great! Smashing!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    whos-awesome.jpg

You look fab!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Work those jeans! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    No dear, the picture is big; you're butt isn't. You look absolutely fabulous! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Let me just tell you and you and your size 6 jeans have inspired me!!! Congrats on your success!!!!!!!! You look great! I look forward to being in the single didgets too some day. I started at 191 and now am 179 (as of Monday). I see your loss and I'll be there someday too!!!!! :drinker:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    WOW! You look wonderful! Congrats on the size 6's!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job and have a great this weekend. Let them eat there hearts out:wink:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congratulations! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Good job. You are awesome.
    Your right we can all do it.
    Thanks for your story.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Color me inspired!!!
  • lesliedionne
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • suselmiami
    Options
    Congratulations .... what an inspiration!

I don't think I've ever owned a pair of 6s ... would I even fit in a size 6? Wow ... I guess now I have to find out .... :)
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    You look great!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
    You look FANTASTICCCCCC!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to when you say how you shop for three hours and leave with nothing...crying because nothing fits. I am so looking forward to buying new clothes, but I'm also excited to do some thrift store shopping. It's so hard to go thrift store shopping if clothes in a regular store don't even fit. I'm excited!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on the hard work! BTW, what are your jeans made of? They look very shiny....maybe it's just the fabric :huh:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    They look great! :)
  • rv8396
    rv8396 Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats!

A size 6 is awesome! I wouldn't push yourself too hard now, you look great!! Keep watching calories so you stay on track.
  • monica5237
    Options
    I think yiou look great I may never be a size 6 (body frame too big not negativity) but you have made me realize i can get to my goal of a size 10

Thank you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!