What vitamins and minerals do you take?

Options
and why?

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm only taking omega 3 fish pills at the moment... it's to balance out the omega 6's we eat in the form of animal fats. From what I've read, the ideal ratio is 1:1 3 to 6... the average American consumes 1:10 3 to 6...

I've debated about adding a vitamin D... I try to sun bathe 20 min a day... it doesn't happen often enough, and that's really the only way to get good D that's absorbed by the body, so I plan to add a vit D pill.

I'm also shopping around for a good probiotic "flora" type pill. I may end up buying it from marksdailyapple.com
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I take Glucosamine & Chondroitin. I have arthritis in my right ankle ankle and I take this to help.

There is a lot of debate as to how effective it is but I take it anyway and it seems to work.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I take a Multivit and that's it - I think I eat enough oily fish not to need my Omegas, but I have the capsules just incase! My diet's pretty strict at the mo so I think I need the supplements until the diet relaxes a little...
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Womens multi, biotin, magnesium,potassium,vitamin b12 injections when required.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin C

for growth and repair
    It is an antioxident
    and because the body isn't able to make vitamin C on its own
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Nature's Way Alive (Women's Energy) because as balanced as I am in my eating, I'm always missing something.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I take Sanatogen A-Z Complete One-A-Day as recommended by my Doctor to ensure that I am getting all the vitamins that I need. Just in case I am not getting it all from my food he said it was better to be safe than sorry.
  • UDTsunamiSurfer
    UDTsunamiSurfer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WayIntoWellness.com all supplements FDA approved w/official statements coz I'm kinda freaky bout "all natural"... cow poo's all natural 4 heaven's sake.

Winrgy = amazin FOCUS (ADHD here) & energy & much less "mornin dread" Ha LUV it! NONE of the bad stuff n other "energy drinks" & diabetic friendly. Loaded w/anti-oxidants =)

Phytovite = 14 servings fruits & veggies coz we've depleted our food of nutrition d/t modern farming techniques & "eatin rite" isn't enuf anymore..

Omega = 88% pure w/o poisons like mercury or cholesterol. Is a natural anti-inflammatory gr8 4 arthritis & pain, etc. No weather related flairups in my knee since. Made by the same manufacturer as (90% pure) Lovasa (sp?) 4 1/3 price!

CoQ10 coz it's "the spark plug of life" & gr8 4 ur heart... among other things.

DHEA coz that's what scientists are sayin we run out of just b4 we die... multiple studies on applications & uses in women's health & anti-aging.

Biolean is a natural detoxifier (cellular not colon) & REALLY works... I lost 65# in 4months b4 I joined MFP. ONLY FDA approved wt loss supplement... except Biolean Free but that stuff will seriously trip ur trigger! I'm a wimp & can't handle that 1. Ha! O & engineered 2 burn fat while conservin lean muscle mass... wt loss is actually a side-effect! Yippee! Lol.

Liptrim coz it blocks fats & carbs & stabilizes blood sugar so u don't have those spikes that turn up the fat storage.

Satiete coz I'm a late nite muncher & this is a God-send

Protector coz it's ingredient (can't remember the name) is in many cuttin edge studies & I haven't had a UTI or cold since I started takin it.

Baby aspirin coz it helps "cleanse" ur cellular receptors so u can process & absorb all the good stuff ur eatin!

I've been anemic my whole life. My MD had me on Repleva (iron supp chemo patients take) 4 over 3 yrs & my Ferritin level went from 6 to 3 (40 is low normal). I stopped the prescription & started on these products (also took relief 4 awhile b4 I lost enuf wt coz I had reflux) in August & @ my Sept checkup my iron was 23! My 6-mo followup in March it was 43!!! Mite b the only "normal" thing about me! Lol. I can't tell u which product did it or if all of them contributed. I ate healthy & 4 the 1st time I was able 2 actually absorb the iron I was gettin. Evertin they sell has testimonials but these are what're workin 4 me. I know I was fat coz I didn't eat enuf & the smaller my portions the bigger my butt got. I wish I'd known about MFP then. It wud have been easier but I started eatin 6x/day instead of 1 but actually lost! SO exciting!

ProXtreme = OMG!!! I nearly 4got! The BEST protein supplement EVER. Comes w/2 flavors in each box. Vanilla's my favorite but the chocolate's good 2. GREAT 4 y'all out there who went the way of gastric bypass coz it's "predigested" (hate that word - reminds me of baby birds) so it is absorbed. Think it was actually created 4 peeps w/protein absorption disorders like AIDS, cancer, etc.

Can hardly wait 2 c less & less of u ALL =)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    A multi-vitamin just to cover any possible gaps in my diet.

Krill oil for the Omega 3s and axastanthins.

Vitamin D as almost no one gets enough.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Taking a fish oil supplement and vitamin D
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    B12 injections and folic acid. Because my Doctor says so!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used vitaminid.com to figure out which ones I needed to take

I take
    Super B Complex
    Calcium with Vit D
    Fish Oil
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    super enzymes, helps my digestive system
    b-100 complex. While I get a lot of the vitamins I need, I'm veg, and go for the safe side.
    magnesium ;-)
    thyromedica plus for thyroid health (not prescription)
    and Opti women, multi vitamin
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take Nature's Way - ALIVE Womens's 50+ Multivitamin and Minerals as a dietary supplement.
  • muffin111
    muffin111 Posts: 12
    Options
    Centrum's multivitamin
    Ellwood Thompson's Omega-3 once daily
    Nature Made's chewable vitamin C
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i take evening primrose oil to balance my hormones and for my skin
    omega 3 for my concentration and fat burning
    cod liver oil for my joints because i run a lot
    glucosamine and chondroitin for same reason as above
    multivitamin and mineral, in case im short of anything.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I takethe GNC womens ultra mega active vitamins because they have everything you need and not in super excess. Alot of people over take vitamins and its literally they are peeing away the money. The body can only absorb so much.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    i take evening primrose oil to balance my hormones and for my skin
    omega 3 for my concentration and fat burning
    cod liver oil for my joints because i run a lot
    glucosamine and chondroitin for same reason as above
    multivitamin and mineral, in case im short of anything.

Confused why you are taking Omega 3 AND Cod Liver Oil. Aren't they both delivering basically the same thing-Omega 3s? I realize you also get some O6 and O9 with the Cod Liver Oil, but it seems redundant to take an Omega 3 supplement along with fish oil. Am I missing something?

Mayb you're trying to keep the O3s and O6s in balance because of the EPO which is mainly O6. Confused.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin

Vitamin D - My dad has MS and there's a correlation between lack of vitamin D and MS

Magnesium - I don't like many green vegetables and even if I did, vegetables get magnesium from soil and soil has way less magnesium then it used to.
  • twinmom1993
    twinmom1993 Posts: 52
    Options
    i take gnc ultra mega gold, only 1 pill a day because my doctor has me taking biolean and 1 low dose asprin. I just started yesterday and im excited to see how well these supplements will help.