I am not going back.

Options
After years of losing weight and gaining it back, I found myself at 33 years old at the fattest I have ever been and I was not happy. I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I hated wearing a bathing suit. I actually would wear a maternity bathing suit so that people would assume I was pregnant, not just fat. *blush* I hated clothes shopping.
I began to have issues with my blood pressure and I have had back pains for several years now. It then hit me that the back pains started about the time I hit 200 lbs.
I want to be healthy. I want to be at my right body size. I am absolutely tired of my back killing me at the end of the day every day and I'm tired of hating the way I look. I want to be around for as many years to come as I can.
I lost 17 lbs. before starting MFP, but am looking forward to the support and accountability here to get me to where I want to be and maintaining this new lifestyle, not diet.
I am not going back.

Replies

• charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me
    I have been here two weeks and just love this site
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    So glad you're here! Keep focusing on healthy choices for your food and exercise, and the weight loss will follow. And congratulations on losing 17 pounds already! You sound very motivated!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be.

Best wishes.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp:) It is always better to keep focused with others helping to motivate you. You will love this site! Feel free to friend me:) I too, understand where you have been and wish you great success in achieving your goals. It sounds like you have the willpower to do it. BTW, great job on the 17lb. weight loss:)
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done! Feel free to add me. I've only been here a few weeks and I LOVE it, so much support and motivation from people. You have made a fantastic start and I related to a lot of things that you wrote about.
  • JJRiley2000
    JJRiley2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm the biggest I've ever been. This time I'm losing it slowly. Feel free to add me. I had a bunch of friends join and most of them have deserted me...literally! :)
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm 32, and as soon as i crept to my all-time high of 202pds i noticed i had severe back pain!
    Now that I've lost a little, i realized that was the cause. I'm going down the EXACT same path you are on. If you want, we can walk together.
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great I have been using it for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it the people here are SO supportive and it really makes the world of difference! Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!!! :)
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • mom12
    mom12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    welcome! this is a great place!:tongue:
  • chrismacey
    Options
    Hi! add me, the more the merrier!