Hiya :)

Options
Hi all! My name is Nancy and I'm 33. I've just joined this site on the recommendation of a friend on Twitter. So far it's been really useful.
I live up on the moors in Staffordshire, perfect for hiking and biking. My knees are giving me a lot of pain lately due to the excess weight I'm carrying round, so no hiking for me yet.
I do love swimming and try to get to the pool 3 times a week but it's rare that I can keep it going.
My main problem is food. I love it and I love the bad stuff. I could easily live on chips, burgers and pizza. Not to mention crisps! I've been trying to overhaul my diet for a long time but I can't seem to stick to it.
Basically I'm lazy but the weight has started to affect my health now so I desperately need to lose it.
Nice to meet you all

Nancy :)

Replies

• tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, welcome and good luck!
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. LIke you, I struggle with the same fondness for the "Nasty" foods!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    welcome nancy u will find the support, its up to u work it out. good luck:smile:
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. You could join the battle of the bulge weight loss challenge on this website. Great people and great motivation
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I have a love for food as well. Starting this program has been really great because it helps me keep track of what I am eating. Seeing the calories and fat in the various foods has helped me change the way I look at eating. I still treat myself to the things I love from time to time such as pizza, chips, and burgers - but I do so in moderation and with making other adjustments throughout the day or making sure I burn a few extra calories to make up for it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like - having plenty of friends to go along the journey with you definitely helps.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Keep it honest, and this site will help you do that. Swimming is great, just add a little each time you swim and before you know it you will be doing back to back laps. How do I know? Because I have been where you are and it can be done and I'm 53 so don't give up. I too have a difficult time with the food but have found using the food tracker and keeping yourself busy is helping tremendously. Keep it honest and keep up the good works.
    Bob
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    This is a journey that we're all taking together
    the water exercise is wonderful and before you know it
    your knees will be filling great, I had trouble with mine
    too but it's getting less and less, it's amazing to see how quickly
    your body starts to mend itself with positive changes!
    I hope you will feel free to add me for support. :)
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome

Good luck with the weight loss, plenty of support and motivational ideas on this site.
    We are all in it together :smile:

Log everything and share the highs and the lows
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My daughter tol!d me that losing one pound would be like taking four pounds off your knees. Seems to be true for me! Please add me as a friend.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! It's a great site and everyone's really helpful *looking South from Glasgow*
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the lovely messages, I'm going to try my best to get rid of the weight by Christmas. I was trying to lose it by August but I've been putting it off and now I'm going on holiday fat again but hopefully next year I'll be able to wear that skimpy swimsuit.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know what you mean about the junk food. I LOVE it! This site has really worked for me because it keeps me accountable. I'll really want the chips and then think to myself, hey, this is SO not worth the calories! And it's truly becoming new eating habits for me. I actually find that I crave healthy things now! I actually have the thought, "Wow, I really want an apple right now!" and it's so exciting! Feel free to friend me if you need some extra support resisting those bad foods!
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I couldn't believe how many calories were in my favourite bacon sarnie. Shocking!