Exercise in the pool...

Options
I bought my kids a 15 ft pool and I thought today, since it is so hot outside, I could walk around in the pool for exercise. I just do not how to to accurately show that kind of exercise. Any ideas?

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was trying to figure out the calories burned walking on the beach..sand and water. There really isn't anything, but one web site said walking in sand, water, snow..take the calories burned walking and add 20%. That is what I did for walking on the beach.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    there is water jogging on the site--and you can use a hrm in the pool- I think it is a fantastic idea to get your exercise in the cool.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you have an HRM you can log it. That is how I clock my calories I burn during my water aerobics class. There are a lot of styles out there....some expensive..some not. But a very good investment.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    that's actually really good exercise because the water creates a lot more resistance

don't know how to log it though, have you searched "water aerobics" or anything like that?
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    there is water calisthenics on here... i had aquatic therapy for a couple months and am doing exercises in my pool when weather permits... which haven't for a while since weather has been crappy and rainy and cooler.. :-( a hrm is better to use with any exercise as you get more precise calories burned rather what mfp lists.. they list a hell of alot higher !!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The water walking class info at my local Y says 30 min in water is equal to 2 hr on land. Does that sound right?