Why is it so hard to resist temptation?

Options
I couln't resist anything that was put in front of me this weekend. In fact, food wise, I'd say that this past weekend was the worse for me since I joined MFP 5 months ago.

Saturday was my son's birthday party & we had a cookout. I ate 1 hamburger w/ tomatoe, lettuce, onions, ketchup, & mustard (no bun), 2 hot dogs w/ ketchup & mustard (no buns), barbecue chips, a slice of cookie cake, chocolate cake, & icecream. Then the same night, we ate mexican food. My husband I had some cheese & chicken nachos, polo supremo, & 1/2 pitcher of margaritas. Then last night while we were out shopping, we decided to have dinner @ Bogangles. I had a cajun breast w/ like 3 packs of cajun sauce, a biscuit, cajun pinto beans, & mashed potatoes w/ gravy. I don't know what came over me this weekend but thanks to temptation, I've gained 4 pounds. I know some of it was water weight but too see the numbers go up like that, after going down for so long, I'm feeling so depressed. :cry:

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ahhh! i hate that feeling. seeing those extra 4 lbs on the scale can be so discouraging, even thought you KNOW that a pound is 3500 calories, so there is no way you've eaten 3500x4 extra cals in one weekend. drink a ton of water and most importantly KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! and if you can, stay off the scale for a couple days.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hey, I also had a bit of a dodgy weekend (worse than yours by the sounds of it!). Give it 3 days and weigh in again, should give your body time to stabilise.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You're only human. Just pick yourself up and keep going.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Must have been something in the air this weekend, because temptation got the best of me too. :grumble: I started this journey 6 months ago and until now, I have really been able to avoid it and stay under my calories, at least for the week, if not every day. This weekend started on Friday (goody day at the office) and I quickly consumed 600 calories when I wasn't even hungry. Saturday was better until we decided to order pizza. (totally my undoing.) Then Sunday dinner rolled around and I found myself eating like I would have 6 months ago. Getting seconds without even stopping to ask myself it I was hungry.

Oh well. Today is a new day and I am determined to get back on track. I weigh in on Friday, so we'll see if I can undo the damage done. Good luck to all of you too!
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    I have to say "there was something in the air" definitely this weekend.. i actually told myself this morning.. that is IT I AM NOT sitting around the food table ANY more at parties.. I DO NOT like feeling like this!!!!! ICKY!! My co-worker calls it a "food hangover" .. she is SO right.. !!
    Put on 2lbs myself.. could have been worse.. i feel like it was 10 lbs.. me and water.. are going to be BEST friends today!!