What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I am insanely picky, like debilitatingly so. It is so frustrating. Which leaves me with a very difficult weight loss journey due to foods. Anyways, why I am here today is I want to know what you eat for breakfast! I am so sick of eating a bagel every day, and I'm tired of honey nut cheerios and they never fill me for long anyways. I am not a fan of sausage, oatmeal, or eggs so I am really not left with many choices. So I thought maybe I would get some ideas from you guys, hear about your breakfasts and how delicious they are, and maybe I would like them too :) Thanks!

Replies

• froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well, I just had a low fat cherry yogurt with cut up strawberries and blueberries mixed in and also 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal mixed in. Yummy!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thomas' English Muffins are AWESOME, particularly the cinnamon raisin ones.
    I have a cup of cereal and half an english muffin everyday. I love it!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to have a "breakfast" food for breakfast? I eat whatever I feel like eating.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Today I had smoked salmon on half a pumpkin seed roll spread with a little cottage cheese.

Yesterday's was a huge success - plain soya yoghurt with some walnuts, a couple of cubes of crystallized ginger diced and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    Nature Valley granola bars if I'm in a hurry. Hot oat bran cereal with peanut butter and brown sugar or oatmeal with the same. The protien helps get me through til lunch!
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hmmm this morning i had a banana with 1 tbp of peanut butter in my old fashioned oatmeal
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Well, there's no hard and fast rule that you have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast :) If you want a tuna sandwich, or some hummus and carrots, or a veggie lasagna go for it!

That said, my normal breakfasts are things like veggie omlettes, Kashi Go Lean Crunch with almond milk, Ezekiel muffins, yoghurt with cereal or granola mixed in.

A bagel can definitely get boring, but try mixing up the toppings. Peanut butter and cinnamon one day, strawberry preserves and cream cheese the next. I'd also definitely try to get in a good dose of protein in the morning - it'll help you stay full longer.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Who says you have to have a "breakfast" food for breakfast? I eat whatever I feel like eating.

I agree. Eat what you want in the morning. You're not bound to only typical breakfast foods. Just keep your total daily calories under or at your daily goal.
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday I eat

Ab-L Nature Valley - Sweet and Salty Nut Granola Bar - Peanut, 1 bar
    Campbell's - V8, 100% Vegetable Juice, 12 fl oz
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
    Coffee-Mate (Original Powder) - 16oz Size - Creamer, 3 Tsp

It's 267 calories.

Coffee acts as an apatite suppressant so it holds me over until lunch time. I eat at about 8 AM, have the coffee from about 9-10 AM. Then I'm fine until lunch at noon.

Rarely do I make 2 eggs and toast and even more rarely I have cereal. On the weekends I sometimes have pancakes waffles, or oatmeal. But M-F without fail I pretty much eat my standard breakfast listed above.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Either weetabix with hot milk or ready brek again with hot milk and a half teaspoon of dark brown sugar. Fills me up til lunch!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Well I do LOVE my oatmeal...but you said you don't care for it....so, what about some delish yogurt (I love Fiber One's yogurt, at only 50 calories!)
    Here are other things I love for breakfast....

-Apple slices
    -raw cucumber slices (yes, veggies for breakfast are delish) spread with 35 calorie laughing cow cheese wedge
    -grapes
    -dry cereal
    -smoothies
    -handful of almonds
    -cottage cheese with berries

The key is to find something that YOU like....and mix it up so it doesn't get boring.
    Good luck!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fresh berries, vita muffins, pb toast and banana, mixed fruit dish
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast....keeps me really full all morning! Or muesli x
  • CindyWho4
    CindyWho4 Posts: 9
    Options
    One of my favorites is very similar to Froggy15's. 1/2 cup - one cup vanilla Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, about a 1/4 cup of Dole's frozen Wildly Nutritious Signature Blend Mixed Berries, and a just a bit of original Fiber One cereal mixed in for some added fiber and crunch. Good luck finding something you like! Adding breakfast has been one of my biggest struggles so far.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Ohh Ohh and how could I forget my ALL TIME FAVORITE.....egg white omelet with sauteed mushrooms & spinach...:)
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I usually have the special k blueberry crisp (100 cals), or the fruity pebbles or cocoa pebbles cereal bar (90 cals), watermelon, or some kind of fruit!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Kellog's Fiber Plus bars, yummy flavors and very filling and long lasting.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    a low fat yoghurt and an apple, or a nutty muesli with skimmed milk.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to say oatmeal, since I love it -- but since you don't, I'd suggest high fiber English muffins or sandwich thins, toasted, with a smear of almond or nut butter. You can top the nut butter with some kind of fresh fruit, like slices of banana or a few berries.

You want to make sure you're getting as much protein and fiber as possible.

An alternative to a nut butter would be some thin slices of cheese -- ooh! -- you could make a breakfast grilled cheese sandwich! My daughters love it when I put really thin slices of granny smith apples in their grilled cheese.

I also highly recommend Kashi cereals. You'd get much more protein and fiber, and MUCH less sugar than what you're getting with honey nut Cheerios.
  • Julie252
    Julie252 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How about a smoothie? So many options--berries, bananas, coffee, cocoa, peanut butter. I usually mix mine with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder. Today I made an iced coffee smoothie (coffee, yogurt, vanilla protein and ice). Now at mid-morning, I am having a peach.