How to lose 2kg/Week?

Options
Hello MFPs

Is it possible to lose 2kgs/Week. That is almost 4 lbs every week. ? If yes, How?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese people can lose that much regularly, average people may lose that much for their first week due to the "shock" of new healthy foods and an exercise program.

Other than that it is safe to lose 1-2 lbs a week. To lose 4 you'd basically have to not eat or stick to a starvation diet of <700 and after a couple weeks of that you'll have messed up your metabolism that once you go back to eating regular, you'll gain weight first before rectifying the situation thus undoing your efforts.

Cleanses and fad diets if you attempt them should be done for no more than 3 days to prevent long-term metabolism damage and I said IF, they are not recommended.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible, but you may not wanna do that for the long term.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I am averaging 3.3 per week following P90X!
  • LEWZhowland
    Options
    You are doing great! I started this with a 10 lb loss goal and seem stuck at same wt. despite eating better and added exercise 5 times a week for 30 minutes....Whats the secret you hold? :smile: I really am hoping for loss for a trip too.
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    I right now am averaging 3-4 a week but i just got done having a baby, just started introducing healthier foods, and am doing the slim in 6 program. however once my body is more use to it i will probably lose the normal 1-2 lb that is the healthy amount to lose if you are at a regular weight.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I know this brings a great debate on this site but I eat around 1800-2000 calories a day and do NOT eat my calories back!

I also weigh myself every morning, after I get home from work, and right before bed. This way I know what is happening and can change things the next day. When I weigh at night, i know how much I will weigh in the morning. It is like clock work. I lose 2 lbs a night, which I know is water but also partly fat!

I zig zag my calories with 3 days low and 1 high day. My low days are 1700, my high days are 1900.

I know everything I said goes against what the website says, but if you don't catch what is happening to your body on a daily basis, you could lose a week of doing the wrong things!

These are all just my 2 cents.