Frozen Yogurt (literally)

Options
Maybe I'm just strange, but I don't particularly enjoy the taste or texture of yogurt. A bite or two and I'm done. Yuck. However, I know it's a healthy snack, ideal for that dreaded time in between breakfast and lunch. Luckily for me, my dad showed me that by freezing yogurt and letting it thaw out a bit, it is much more bearable...more like ice cream. So right now I am enjoying Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry. Just thought I'd share!

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    my nephew is the same way with yogurt! But my cousin started freezing his go-gurts and he loves them now. And I have to admit, I did steal one once, and it is delicious! Great idea :smile:
  • cassita
    cassita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, I will give it a try... I am not into yogurt myself but would like something sweet and if the sensation is like icecream then this could definitively work for me!
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I love doing that! Sometimes I mix protein powder in to give it a boost too!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, the only way I can eat it is blended up in a smoothie : )
  • Shawnda1730
    Options
    I think I will try it, I love going tothe frozen yogurt shop here in my town, so use to it I don't even care for ice cream anymore. But never tried actually freezing yogurt, but I will try that. Thanks
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    when I was little my mom use to tell my brother and me that yogurt was soft ice cream to get us to eat it. This reminded me of that lol I will have to try freezing it! I use it in smoothies and enjoy it that way too.
  • GypsyWildflower
    Options
    I do love yogurt as is, but I've had frozen yogurt from an ice cream parlor before. I think I might try this, it could be a nice change from regular. Like you said almost like ice cream.. so then I shouldn't crave ice cream so much as it is probably my worst challenge on a healthy diet! :P Thanks for the idea!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    mmm... we love to freeze the newer ones that have all the yummy flavors - I think it's yoplait - apple pie, cinnamon roll, black forest cake... YUMMO!

I love ice cream, and this gets that same cool, creamy texture. I'm not a huge fan of yogurt, but I can totally get it down this way. =)
  • dfrankie
    dfrankie Posts: 6
    Options
    I tolerated yogurt before but now I am really loving it. I even look forward to it. The one I have found to be most satisfying is Dannon 0% fat GREEK Yogurt. It is so thick and rich. I get the ones with fruit on the bottom and mix them up, love how creamy it is. I also now use the same brand and buy it plain and mix onion seasoning or ranch seasoning in it for salad dressings or vegetable dips. They are fabulous!
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    Maybe I'll develop more of a taste for yogurt the more I eat it :) When you mix greek yogurt with ranch seasoning, does the yogurt taste overpower the ranch? This is something I'd like to try, but I'm still suspicious of the yogurt part, haha.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I read that when you freeze the yogurt it kills the active Bactria cultures that help with digestion and all that other stuff, so if that doesnt matter to you then enjoy! i have done it too on occasion.
  • dfrankie
    dfrankie Posts: 6
    Options
    No, it tastes like ranch. It's thicker than ranch salad dressing but I use it on salad anyway. It is a great veggie dip. I found Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning in a shaker at Wal-mart. Just add a little at a time until you get the taste you want. I have tried other brands of the Greek yogurt too and found Dannon 0% fat Greek plain yogurt to be the best for me. It's like the consistency, rich, thick and creamy like sour cream. I hope you like it. It is far better than any fat free salad dressings I've tried (and I've tried a lot of them) -