who says walking doesn't work

Options
2»

Replies

• _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I love taking walks...it helps me avoid my stress eating. I'm a SAHM of 2 kids under age 2 and taking a walk seems to calm everyone down. Keep it up!!!

I have two under two as well, and you are right. When one starts to go a little stir crazy inside we all take a walk and we all feel better.
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Interestingly I burned more calories walking with a Leslie Sansone DVD than walking on the treadmill this morning for the same amount of time. I think it is because you use alot more muscles working out to the video because of the side steps, knee lifts and kicks whereas you are only walking/marching on the treadmill. Oh, I know I burned more because I have a HRM too just in case anyone was wondering.

There are so many DVD's to choose from, does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried some of the other walking videos on Exercise TV but I keep coming back to Leslie? :)
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello,
    I just purchased Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk DVD on Amazon.com for $5.80 + $2.98 shipping= $8.78 brand new still sealed (walks up to 5 miles/12 minute miles). I can't wait for it to arrive to try it out. If you're looking for more friends on MFP for support/encouragement, please feel free to add me.