Running NSV

Options
efranz12
efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
Yesterday for the first time since high school I ran a complete mile (no walking) outside AND I did it in 11:30 (which may not seem fast to a lot of people but I'm not a fast runner and I have short legs so it was a huge deal for me). And then after doing it once I did a mile of intervals and decided to try for another solid mile and finished it in 12:30.

Ended up doing about 4.25 miles in 60 minutes and it felt great. Not seeing much change on the scale lately so this was definitely a confidence booster.

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! You did two solid miles in one workout! That's fantastic...great job!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Are you lower extremities sore?
  • efranz12
    efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

And yes, they are sore today. But surprisingly not as bad as I might have thought, I've done a mile straight thru on the treadmill recently but not outside so I was really worried about not being able to walk today. But so far I'm feeling pretty good.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    WHAT GREAT WORK!!!!! Good for you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!