New here :)

Options
mikonei
mikonei Posts: 291 Member
Hello all! My name is Kelly, I'm a 25 year old from Connecticut. I'm not new to trying to lose weight, but I do feel much more serious about it this time. A big bonus is how many foods are already listed on MFP. So much easier to keep track that way.
I'm starting this journey at my heaviest, 300 pounds, and am aiming for 180. Though still slightly overweight for my height, I think I'd be happy stopping there. I guess I'll find out when I get there :)

Replies

• kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    welcome!! :)
  • thisismylife
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on reaching your goal! :)
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will enjoy it here! It can be addictive in a good way! Good luck on you journey!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP!!!!! I'm in CT as well!!!!!!
    Small goals or mini goals are good. Focusing on small pieces of the journey make it easier to succeed. Add me if you are looking for frineds! I've been trying to find some other CT MFPeeps!!
  • tsame69
    tsame69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck on your journey! I am new as well and still trying to figure everything out on the site!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly!!! MFP is such an amazing site, it has all the tools you need, not to mention absolutely full of helpful, motivated people that get it!! Good luck to you, you can do it!
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I am approaching 100 days on here and have lost 33 pounds!! Feel free to add me for support!! :smile:
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Please feel free to add me for encouragement and support. Good luck with your weight loss goals. Have a great day.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome! I find it very simple to do... especially with the iPhone app. Good luck to you!
  • ILostMySocks50
    Options
    Welcome. My name is Jennifer. I am 24 yrs old. I am also at my record high of 310. I am wanting to lose the same amount as you. I'll be glad to add you as a friend and we can push each other. :D
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck !!!
  • tooblessedforstress
    Options
    Welcome!!! That's my goal weight as well, so feel free to add me as a friend so we can keep each other motivated!!! Good luck:smile:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You have made a great decision by joining MFP. This is a great site with many great supporters. If you want more friends for support on here, feel free to add me. I have 41 friends on here now, as when I see anyone asking for friends, I usually add them. I think the more support the better. Friend request me if you like.
  • Ladarian
    Ladarian Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll definitely be adding people for support and setting some smaller goals to keep myself motivated along the way.
  • AmandaSittigTrahan
    Options
    Hey Ya'll,

I am brand new on here and trying to learn all the bells & whistles. This is really a cool program. Looking forward to loosing weight.

God Bless You~!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm in New Jersey but often find myself in CT as my inlaws live there. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for a little support. This is a fabulous site!!