P90x plus weight lifting

Options
Hey, was thinking of starting p90x soon, I also lift weights at the moment, would i be overdoing it by lifting weights as well as doing the the p90 programme? Thanks

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you might be over working the muscle and cause them to shrink if you keep up on the old routine.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    interesting in knowing as well
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    P90X is an extreme lifting program. You should not have any more weight lifting days added to your program. You can add cardio if you would like.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hey, was thinking of starting p90x soon, I also lift weights at the moment, would i be overdoing it by lifting weights as well as doing the the p90 programme? Thanks

I would say yes you would be overdoing it, as 3 days a week P90X has you doing strength training and your muscles improve during the rest period, not the load (work) period. If you don't give them the rest they need your results will not be great. If you do insanity you could get away with adding strength training as it is mostly cardio.
  • davidsadler86
    Options
    Thanks guys will probably take a break from the free weights until im done with thee program then