Need some motivation to exercise....

Alacey88
Alacey88 Posts: 486 Member
I need some advice on what to do for exercising....

I like to do workout movies but can seem to get my butt moving.... I also like to do lots of cardio exercises but the gym at my apt doesn't get maintained very much... so that means that the gym doesn't work half of the time....

Any advice will help....

Replies

• Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Walk, run, bike....there are a lot. You can also check out videos at the library (free). Your motivation will be on the scale the next week. Trust me.
  • Can't beat walking...or jogging if you're so inclined. I like to make up an invigorating playlist on my ipod and go.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Lots of heavy things at home - you can lift those. Maybe get a resistance band for stuff that's less obvious.

Motivation? Well, you'll be less fat, fitter and generally be more awesome - what more could you want? :-)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    I have finally found the workout that I crave! Turbofire was it for me. You just have to find something that is "fun" to you!! If you get bored halfway through you wont want to start it to begin with =)
  • Hey there!
    I prefer the beachbody programs (P90X, Insantity, Turbo Jam and Fire) Just because I am stay at home mom that also homeschools ...going to the gym is just not where its at for me. On days I just don't feel like pushing play I get on here and say I don't feel like it and within moments the MFP darlings are showing up to encourage me and I ALWAYS end up getting the workout in because of their encouragement. So I would say lean on this site, tel yourself to put in the effort for five -ten min. and if you are not feeling it you can quit ( ususally I keep going when I reach that point) Just keep trying..some days you will push harder than others but just trying will get you further than you are today! I always say I am closer to my goal today than I was yesterday and it seems to keep me going! Baby steps sometimes seem to take forever but they are working !!! You can do this, we have your back!! =) Add me if you want someone to encourage you (its my favorite thing to do on here!)
    Blessings,
    Misty
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Get an active hobby like Tennis or Raquetball, rock climbing, soccer, basically anything you like to do! Any of them burn sooooo many calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I need some advice on what to do for exercising....

I like to do workout movies but can seem to get my butt moving.... I also like to do lots of cardio exercises but the gym at my apt doesn't get maintained very much... so that means that the gym doesn't work half of the time....

Any advice will help....

Love your avatar

I use exercise videos all the time. Look for "new" ones at the library, Netflix, ExerciseTV.com, Hulu.com - you might find a new favorite

Changing your routine up from time to time keeps it fresh.
This discussion has been closed.