scales war!!

Options
help...im confused!!
yesterday at the gym i weighed in at 59kg, today at work on the 'superduper,fantastic, know-it-all' scales i was 61kg, and not even 90 minutes later i had a doctors appointment where again i was weighed and would you believe 59kg came up!! 4.4lb is a huge difference when trying to get rid of it (and for 90 minutes i was sooo dissapointed in myself with such a weight gain!)
what do you think people....59 or 61 (or should i even go somewhere in the middle?)

Replies

• MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just pick a scale and go with it. They will all have some variance. Do make sure it's a good scale that will at least give you the same results 3 times in 60 seconds. I used to have one that I could weigh myself, get off, get right back on and be 5 pounds heavier.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Be consistent - go with whichever scale you will weigh yourself on regularly.
  • josie575
    josie575 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You should choose one scale to go by. I weighed myself at home this morning and was 200.4 and at the doctor's office was 194. I use my scale at home as my base and go by the difference on that scale only. every scale is different.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Just pick one scale and always use that one. Weight fluctuates daily - hourly, and no two scales are exactly the same. In fact you could move your scale into a different spot and it will give you a different number!! So, same scale, same time of day and this will give you some consistency. Otherwise you will go crazy!!
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    thanks peoples, i usually use the one at the gym and the scales at my gp's were the same scale so im gonna stick with that one! so much for our pharmacy fancy-do-everything digital scales eh!!