any big loser

Options
kariannk
kariannk Posts: 60 Member
i am a heavy gal with about 110-130lbs to lose and i was wondering if there are any peeps out there that have successfully lost a large amount of weight and how did you keep yourself motivated since it's really hard to keep moving when your this big, also how long did it take you to lose the lbs and what caloric intake did you stick too? also how did you keep yourself full after changing your eating habits at first? and thanks for answerin, i appreciate all advice thanks

Replies

• Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well I went from 301lbs to 185lbs in about 9 1/2 months. As for keeping myself motivated, I set goals each week for what I wanted my weigh to be at to be at a goal weight in 3 months. At the end of the 3 months I would get measurements done and my body fat tested. Then set another goal for 3 months and broke it down again each week. Something structured like that made it easier for me to keep myself on the right path. Calorie wise I was at 1800, then 1500, then 1300 or so for the last 4 months or so. I would probably advise against something that drastic. The 1lb a week is a good, sustainable pace for a lot of people. I was a former athlete so I pushed myself harder than I probably should have.

For the eating habbit part, I split it up into multiple small meals a day besides the standard big 3. So like breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, pre workout, post workout, late night snack. That kept me feeling a lot less hungry than just eating 3 meals a day.

The biggest part of losing weight is mental. Even if you have a setback, keep a positive attitude and bust through your next goal. Hope this helps and good luck :)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I have about the same goal as you. I started with 123 pounds to lose. I am just over halfway there. I signed up with MFP in Jan 2010 and lost about 20 pounds but gained 17 of them back. On November 1st of this year something in me changed and I am determined to be successful. I have lost about 60 pounds since then. I don't really have any advice or suggestions but my only comment is that while "it may not always be easy, it is always worth it." In fact that is what I say to myself when I am ready to give up at the gym. When I am running (or walking) I say to myself " No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone still sitting on the couch." It may not work for everyone but it has been working for me so far. Best of luck on your journey.
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 90-100lbs to loose. I started Jan 1st and have lost 28lbs since. I took a break end of April through yesterday & started back today. I did not go crazy & I still watched portion sizes & tried to keep an eye on what I ate, but I did not count anything. I did not gain any of the weight back & in fact I lost 3 more lbs during that time. Not sure how, but I did.

I have also been doing this with a lady that has lost over 90lbs & is still looking to loose another 50lbs. She did it by having some days here & there where she would just not count anything. She also took a break at the same time as I did. She started back a little sooner than I did though.

I think the biggest key is not to deprive yourself of something you really want. I think you have to let yourself have some of the "bad" foods you want, just in smaller portions than you used to would have ate. So say you want some ice cream, eat it, but eat a small 1/2 cup portion & eat it slowly.
  • bestmommy28
    Options
    I started out at 266lbs i am now down 14lbs.. ive been watching what i eat trying to stay around 1200-1500 a day ive also started doing the 30 day shred.. i know its hard to stay motivated and moving.. i have 3 young children here at home and every time i look at them and cant keep up with them it pushes me more.. the good thing about JM 30 day shred is its an intense work out but its also only 27 mins.. if i can push myself to push a little harder each day yeah for me. Ive lost 2.4 lbs, 1 in in my hips, 3 in my hips, 1 in my bust an 1 in my thighs in 6 days of doing the shred...

friend me if you like we can motivated one another :happy:
  • kariannk
    kariannk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the help
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    I started out at 331 and have lost 55 so far. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal. Feel free to friend me if you like for motivation. I take it 10 pounds at a time, I think that's what keeps me going, if I look at the big picture it is depressing but 10 pounds at a time I can do!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am still in the progress of trying to get my 100lbs off. I can tell you that at first my exercise was motivated strictly by my hunger :blushing: I would exercise in order to get to have an extra snack or two. As I lost weight and the dieting became second nature to me, I exercised for additional weight loss. Now, I exercise because I feel sluggish if I don't. As for feeling fuller......you can maximize your calories by treating your protien and fiber as minimum guidelines instead of maximums. It will help you stay clear of what I call "junk" calories and make the most of what you eat. Good luck on your journey. Let your success keep you motivated. You are doing terrific. Remember, everyone has plateaus but they never last forever
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!