Chicken Strawberry Salad

Options
emmyvera
emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
So yesterday, we had hardly any food in the house. My husband and I were rushing around all day - going here and there. My husband ran out to the store and bought a rotisserie chicken and ate almost the entire thing!!!!

Luckily, he save some white skinless pieces for me in the fridge! I looked around and thought - What now? :noway:

I wanted something light but with a good amount of calories and good ingredients. I literally searched the fridge high and low and here is what I came up with................. when my husband saw what I had made for myself he was so jealous! :laugh:

2 ounces of the chicken
2 cups of romaine lettuce
3 strawberries sliced
.125 cup of chopped pecans
.5 a slice of swiss cheese chopped up

Then I topped if off with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, s&p mixture.
324 Calories

That's it! It was so light but with complex flavors.
Just though I'd share...

Has anyone else had some "aha" moments in the kitchen with you just throw things together?

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS YUMMY!!!! Usually I find the creative salad mixing to be my thing. I love cucumbers, grape tomatoes, avocado, pecans or almonds, dried cranberries, feta cheese, blueberries, with fat free raspberry walnut vinagrette. I swear, as long as I have my raspberry walnut dressing, I can eat anything with it for a salad! I love fruit in my salads. I need to remember to put some chicken aside next time we ahve it to add to the salad.
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite go to lunch options out of my company's cafteria

whole grain lavash
    grilled buffalo chicken breast
    1/4 cup spinach
    1/4 cup of diced cucumbers
    1/4 cup carrot matchsticks
    1/4 cup romaine lettuce
    1/4 cup of onions
    2 tbsp of fat free ranch dressing
    1 tsp of Frank Hot Sauce

356 calories according to mfp. This is big enough for two.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!

I had one of those moments too...

One day all I had in my fridge was a head of cauliflower...No seriously...That's IT!!! (ok, so maybe a few more things)

Anyways...ONE of the things that I DID have were eggs.

So I roasted a whole head of cauliflower until it was browned and carmelized and then cooked a fried egg and served on top of the roasted cauliflower...Don't ask me why I thought to do this, but I"m glad I did cause it totally worked!! I have done it that way since (on purpose).