Olive garden help

2»

Replies

• Whenever I'm going out to eat - especially to a large chain restauarant like the Olive Garden, I get on the company's website and click on the Menu or Nutrition information and plan my meal from there. If I want something that is higher in calories - I tend to skimp the rest of the day and save them for dinner - not sure, if you're supposed to do that, but it works for me.

Also, ask for the "lunch portion" at Olive Garden - same great taste, but less food, which equals less calories!

Wine, breadsticks and dessert? Pick one of the three and stick to that, remember each breadstick is around 100 calories. Go for no cheese on your salad.

Hope this helps! I love the Olive Garden!!!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    I wasn't a fan of that seafood dish personally (tasted not fresh to me) but I love the Zuppa Toscona which was 170 calories (was THRILLED a fav was less calories then a "serving" of their salad) and each breadstick with their yum oily topping is 150.

Next time i'm planning to check out the Venetian Apricot Chicken for 380 total...

http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    Ravioli with marinara would be one of the better "regular" choices, too.
    Cals 660
    Fat 22
    Sat Fat 11
    Sodium 1440
    Carb 84
    Fiber 7

let us know what you end up with! :drinker:
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    They have an apricot chicken dish with broccoli that is yummy and calorie friendly. Like others have said....you have to resist the breadsticks and salad (or ask for the to serve dressing on the side).
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Avoid the all you can eat pasta and bread, that's for sure! ;)
  • vitamina19
    vitamina19 Posts: 30
    You can order a lunch sized portion of most items, too.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    If you like seafood, go with the Seafood Brodetto - it's got scallops, fish, shrimp and it's 480 calories.

Also, it's freakin' awesome!!! :drinker:

Just tried this last week. It IS awesome. Also, the Venetian apricot chicken is really good; calorie-wise ask for the lunch portion
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    If you like seafood, go with the Seafood Brodetto - it's got scallops, fish, shrimp and it's 480 calories.

Also, it's freakin' awesome!!! :drinker:

That sounds AMAZING!!!!!! I used to eat Ravioli di portabella and I just looked it up and its about 670 calories so I either may get those. I am not going to lie, I am having a breadstick

as them for the breadsticks dry....
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Well, I'm not much help because I'm not a big fan of Olive Garden. I'm always dissapointed with the quality and the taste. But what I do when I go with my friends, is we just order the salad, and they keep refilling it and refilling it, as well as the breadsticks. So we can get stuffed off of salad and it's cheap and we love it. =P I don't really do that for health purposes, I don't know just how healthy their salad really is but it's cheap and I like it, and I'm perfectly content just ordering that. =P
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    We eat there occasionally - I usually save calories for the meal or make it a cheat day - Can't remember what the count is, but I like the Eggplant Parmigiana, I get the pasta but give it to my girls. 1 breadstick, if any, and 1 serving of salad.

If you're at maintaining, I wouldn't worry about it, just go and enjoy, get back on track tomorrow...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    We went recently, and I had a breadstick and a bowl of pasta e fagioli soup. For an entree, I ordered ravioli with marinara and ate half. If I had it to do over, I'd eat two breadsticks and two bowls of soup and skip the ravioli.
This discussion has been closed.