NEWBIES: Get ALL your questions answered quickly!!!

Options
Just1forMe
Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING related to MFP or weight loss or exercise, rest assured, it has probably already been asked (and answered) a million times on here :wink:

If you look at the top of the message boards, you will see:
Home Recent Posts My Topics Signature SEARCH

That last one is the one you are looking for!!! Just type your keywords or questions into the Search box and all your questions will be instantly answered for you!!! It is a truly amazing little button :flowerforyou:

Good luck on your weight loss journey...MFP is the bomb!!

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    :) I knew that but thank you for making other aware.
  • elorasan
    elorasan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi: I am new to myfitnesspal.com and I have a question about my caloric intake. My daily goal is 1200 however, if I burn 450 calories through exercise should I eat 450 additional calories so that I can lose weight?
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Are you going to post this weekly or do newbies have to search for it? :wink: Just kidding. This is a thought that has passed my mind too. It is really helpful.:flowerforyou: I am sure that asking questions is a good way to build some community. Thanks. As to the question above. Yes. Make sure you get at least 1200 net calories meaning 1200 plus what calories you burn. If your calorie goal was higher then some would say yes, some would say some of them and others would say you don't have to. You need to see if you can lose by eating your exercise calories. However 1200 net calories is the lowest you should go.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    good to no .thanks
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi: I am new to myfitnesspal.com and I have a question about my caloric intake. My daily goal is 1200 however, if I burn 450 calories through exercise should I eat 450 additional calories so that I can lose weight?

I think that question is the biggest question asked on this website. The general rule is that you are to eat back your exercise calories. That would mean that you get to have those additional 450.

However, not everyone agrees. You'll have to do some research on here to see what most people are saying. I for one, choose to NOT eat back all of the calories but I don't like going under 1000 once the day is done.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options

Without trying to sound in any way negative... I think the whole point of this topic was to get you to search the forum for an answer. (Short answer is 'Yes' by the way - long answer is... well take a look and see)
  • Just1forMe
    Options

Ahhh....the whole reason for my post! :laugh:

Use the SEARCH BUTTON to search "Eating back my exercise calories" or just "exercise calories"...you will find hundreds of others asking the same question....good luck!
  • Just1forMe
    Options
    Are you going to post this weekly or do newbies have to search for it? :wink: Just kidding. This is a thought that has passed my mind too. It is really helpful.:flowerforyou:

Well, if you want to be helpful...Bump it up every few days!
  • Just1forMe
    Options
    Bump :)