Techno-y, upbeat songs needed for workout playlist!

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
Yeah, I'm at the phase where I'm getting tired of my once superfantastic workout playlist. I currently have alot of the Black eyed Peas, a few Katy Perry and Gaga songs.

I react better to those upbeat fast and happy songs because when I start getting blah and slow during my workouts, those songs pick me right back up. :)

Soooo, could you guys give me a few suggestions to download?? And yes, I have tried the Pandora app, and it pisses me off everytime I use it.

Replies

• sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Technotronic...Pump Up the Jam a little 80's ish but it works :bigsmile:
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Look up DJ Roonie G... He's a local (for me) DJ and is awesome!! I'm not sure if he has anything out where it can be downloaded or not.
  • chale27713
    chale27713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same problem when I go running. However, my favorite album at present is by Pendulum - Upbeat/techno
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My favorite song is Pretty Green Eyes the DJ Hixxy Remix.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Pendulum, fun, fast, drum & bass...I usually use the Pendulum station on Pandora. It has really helped me lower my per mile pace!
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    Try: Circ-dont think about it. You can find it on youtube, and I like most of Circ's songs.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite.
    Pink: Raise Your Glass!
    Flo Rida: Club Can't Handle me Now
    J-Lo: On the Floor

I only learned of these through Zumba, then added them to my iPod. :glasses:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same problem when I go running. However, my favorite album at present is by Pendulum - Upbeat/techno

Awesome! Another Pendulum lover!
  • rgraubner
    rgraubner Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm a big Maroon 5 fan, and they just came out with a song with more of a synthed, party beat that I love. It's called Moves Like Jagger.
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't do techno so much, but there's a couple bands that I like that are some what close to techno. Here are some names:

Ghostland Observatory (Paparazzi Lightening is a great album!! Piano Man, and Sad Sad City are great workout tunes)
    Chromeo
    Daft Punk (This really is techno I guess... Harder Better Faster Stronger is a great work out tune)
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Daft Punk is very Techno-y and I enjoy working out to many of their songs :)
  • apolloag
    apolloag Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Download the latest podcast (free) from Above and Beyond. Their show is called "Trance Around the World". It keeps me moving and it is always something new. It's techno/trance with a fair amount of singing so that you aren't just listening to a beat the whole time. Good luck!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ah ha, I am the right person for this. Mimosa, EDiT, Glitch Mob, Bassnectar, Pantyraid, Beats Antique (For more tribalish) Chemical Brothers, Swedish House Mafia, Tycho, Phunk Mob. Search for anything trance, techno, dubstep, bass, etc. It's all I listen to.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Ah ha, I am the right person for this. Mimosa, EDiT, Glitch Mob, Bassnectar, Pantyraid, Beats Antique (For more tribalish) Chemical Brothers, Swedish House Mafia, Tycho, Phunk Mob. Search for anything trance, techno, dubstep, bass, etc. It's all I listen to.
    Awesome! Thanks everyone!! Got alota downloading to do!
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't forget Ghostland Observatory!!! They are AWESOME!!!!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you have the Pandora app on your phone 21 Minute Workout is a good station.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    If you have the Pandora app on your phone 21 Minute Workout is a good station.
    I'll give it a try. It sounds legit, I just hate that Pandora doesn't let you skip the crappy songs on other stations. Weird.
  • kitcatnik
    kitcatnik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this. I'm in the process of building a new playlist and now I have some things to go check out. So far I have

Rumor Has it - ADELE (my warm up)
    Hear Me Now- Hollywood Undead
    Teeth - Lady Gaga
    Moves Like Jager- Maroon 5 (not usually a fan but good summer song)
    Strawberry Swing- Coldplay (my cool down)

So needing 16 or so more minutes headed to itunes to see if I can fill it up.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The album Everything Everything (Live) from Underworld is awesome, but I particularly love the last two tracks - Born Slippy and Rez/Cowgirl.