Thirty day shred question

Options
How long is level one and how many calories do you burn?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    20 minutes plus warm-up/cool-down = 26 minutes total. Log it as Circuit Training if you don't have a HRM so if you are a healthy weight you'll only burn 120-150 cals but it does kick your butt, it just needs to be supplemented with additional cardio to burn fat.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    10 days, 20 mins per day. i have no idea how many calories i *actually* burn, but MFP estimates 200 calories burned for 20 mins of general circuit training, so that's what i go with.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long you want to do level 1. I've done level 1 for the full 30 days before. It all just depends on your comfort. As for calories burned, again, it's going to be different for each person. I typically burn roughly 250 calories, but I weigh more so it stands to reason that I will burn more than someone who weighs less than me. If you don't have an HRM (heart rate monitor) then you could just enter the shred into your cardio workout as general circuit training and that should give you a rough estimate of what you are burning.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training for 25 mins and I usually burn about 300-350 calories(says my HRM)....guess I'm not considered "healthy" LOL! :D
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I log it in at 275 cals based on what my elliptical tells me for a 25 minute workout minus a little bit. I am getting a new HRM this week so I'll be able to get a more accurate reading.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM during 30DS and depending on how motivated I am, I burn btwn 150-175 cals in the ful 27 min...I am in the "normal" weight range so I don't burn as many cals as maybe some other folks.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I weigh 230 lbs and mfp says I burn 278 calories for 20 minutes (I log it as 20 minutes of general circuit training).
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    A friend of mine's hrm logged it around 200. So that's what I log it as, until I receive my own hrm.