Numbers help from Low Carb folks please

Hi, I am currently on a 40/30/30 macro plan but want to lower my carbs a bit more I think. I read a lot of posts but am not really finding much on what percentage or what limits I should ideally be in for carbs.

I am on a 1300 calorie goal plan and my currently at 130g carbs, 43g fat and 98g protein.

Can you tell me what your carb/protein goals are at currently? Thanks!

Replies

• TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    I'm at:

40% protein
    30% carb
    30% fat

You should try and experiment with what you think is best...but give each breakdown at least a few weeks. The first week, you might be in a mental fog all the time as your body adjusts to the lower carb intake.

I actually prefer to think of it in terms of increasing protein instead of lowering carb as studies have shown that given sufficient protein, the small variances in carb intake are relatively unimportant unless you plan to go keto.

When I first started dieting, my breakdown was around 50% protein, 25/25. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done...almost tougher than quitting smoking! After the initial water-weight loss which always accompanies a high-protein diet, the weight steadily went down about 2 pounds a week. Now I'm at a more sustainable protein level which I think suits me very well.