P90x equipment

Options
I know there are loads of P90x threads around, but questions seem to get lost in them.

I've got a copy of P90x, however I don't really have room for any equipment, and my door frames aren't suitable for a pull up bar sadly.

I've seen that they use resistance bands in P90x, but I have no idea which ones to get! eBay comes up with loads, so after a bit of advice from someone who has used them before.

Are these suitable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X10-RESISTANCE-EXERCISE-BANDS-YOGA-ABS-P90X-WORKOUT-/400213257594?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness_Fitness_Accessories_ET&hash=item5d2e91ad7a#ht_6271wt_1141

Would I need anything else? I've heard that a Yoga mat might be worth buying, is this true?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    That looks like a good set. A yoga mat is useful as well.
  • sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    I got the resistant bands from target and they worked fine. If you are planning on doing i on cement or something hard, I'd get a mat. I did mine in the living room on the carpet.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Yoga mat is totally worth buying. Yoga block too if you're not very flexible to start. I am no help on bands, I made pull up bar a priority. If you do not have dumbells, you're going to need bands anyway. Good luck and have fun.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Those bands will work, use the door anchor to put on the other side of the door and make sure you close it good and by the hinge. If you dont the door will actually bow out and the bands will retract and come back and hit you...this happened to my fiance.

The other thing would be yoga blocks, but you can use an old book if you want or anything that size...as Tony says, use your cat or dog :)

If you have carpet, then the yoga mat is not necessary but would be a benefit. If wood floors, then definitely need mat.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    if you have an academy sports store in your area, get the "lifeline" brand bands they have worked well for me. and you should buy a door attachment to use the bands for pull ups
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I got my bands from BeachBody.com and they work fine, but I prefer free weights. I only take the bands on the road with me. Sports Authority.com sells a band door attachment for pull up moves...It's about $10.

I will echo my buddy Hockey...you will need a thick yoga mat and a yoga block...I have made leaps in my flexibility after 1 1/3 rounds of P90X, but I still need a block for the more difficult postures...
  • LosingGrip
    LosingGrip Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!

I don't think I have a academy sport near by, is it a UK store?

Think I will get a Yoga mat, floor is rather hard even on the carpet lol.