How Long Will it Take To Get Down To A Size 16 To A Size 6

Options
am on a strict healthy diet and ive also got a personal trainner to help me can you please tell me how long will it take me to get down to a size 16 to a 6

one of my familly members getting married next year id like to lose weight for the wedding as well as for myself
can you please tell me how long it will take and is it possible

has any1 got down to a 6 from a size 16

Replies

• stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    As long as your body says :-)

I lost a lot of weight the first month and it's kind of been dripping off since then.

Just try your best.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body and your commitment level - Figure 15-20 pounds per size though depending on your body composition.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It depends on what works for you and your body...calories, excercise, water, etc. I was a size 16 at the beginning of Feb, now that its the end of June I'm down to a 6-7. Stay strong and eat well :flowerforyou:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    It definately depends on your body type, and a lot of other factors.

I have gigantic hips (seriously, wide wide wide hips) and didn't go down a single pants size for 40 whole pounds.... because I lost everywhere but my hips first! The pants sure looked funny in the thigh area (my thighs were slimming down, but my darn hips refused to budge!).

It really depends! I say "go for it" and see how far you can go, but don't get too discouraged if you can't get from a 16 to a 6 by next year, every body is different.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have found anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds is a size and the most you should lose is 2 pounds a week.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your starting weight and you goal weight, how often you exercise, how many calories, fat, carbs and sugar you are consuming. It is really hard to tell someone how long it will take because everyone is different.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    It is dependent upon lots of factors...

most people take 15-20 pounds per size once you get down to a size 10 and lower its about 10 pounds per size

When you get down to your last couple sizes it takes SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER to lose a pant size.

I started at an 8-10 last summer and I am now almost in a size four...

that is almost a year to move 3 sizes...
  • annarface
    annarface Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many pounds constitutes a size or whatever, but I was a UK size 12/14 (depending on the shop) when I started losing weight in October last year, and I'm a size 6 now and it's almost July. So it took me like 8 months from a size 14.

Obviously varies on many factors though, but that's my personal experience.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about a time frame... I would seriously just aim to become healthier.... it's not a race. If you make it a race and feel like you're not going to be first... it could sabbotage your whole reason for becoming healthier. Just work on eating better and being more active and the rest will follow. It's a marathon and not a sprint.. you'll be happier at the end. Good luck regardless of your choice though.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I was a 16 when I started dieting and exercising in February,,I am now a size 12....but you may lose it faster than me...Every body is different..
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You've asked this same question three different times in the last few days. If you go up to My Topics you'll get your answers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241653-is-it-possible-to-go-from-a-size-16-to-a-size-6

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247109-has-anyone-got-down-from-a-size-16-to-a-size-6
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have found that each size tends to be 10-12 lbs of weight loss. Not sure if it is that way for everyone or not? So I'm guessing you are looking to lose 40-50lbs? They say 1-2 lbs a week is healthy and everybody's body is different so it is hard to say how long it will take you. But if the wedding isn't until next year, I think you have plenty of time. Like Rckt said, take your time and focus on being healthy.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I went from a 16 plus to a 6 -8 (depending on brand and make)
    from Jan till present about 6 months total lost so far 50#
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You've asked this same question three different times in the last few days. If you go up to My Topics you'll get your answers.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241653-is-it-possible-to-go-from-a-size-16-to-a-size-6

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247109-has-anyone-got-down-from-a-size-16-to-a-size-6

priceless, love this reply,.... then better stop asking and start doing the work needed