calories

Options
tc_2011
tc_2011 Posts: 8 Member
I cannot believe the amount of calories that are in some things. I never really bothered looking until MFP and am shocked at some of the numbers I see. Really makes you think twice about what you eat. The unfortunate thing is that alot of my favorite things are so high in calories. How do I find low cal things that will satisfy my cravings without breaking the bank?

Replies

• SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    what are some of your favourite things that you are finding too high in calories?? Maybe some of us can suggest alternatives..... Vx
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    There are many foods that fall in to this category. I would suggest making MFP friends who are halfway or have reached their goal and browse through their food diaries. You are welcome to send me a request. I keep my diary open to my MFP friends. I'm not a "health food" person, but I eat healthy foods in combination with some processed foods. I really try to keep those to a minimum though. I still dine out, have a beer once in a while and enjoy treats. It's just a matter of portion control and finding the right balance. Good luck!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everything you've said!!!

I love the fat free activia yogurts, they're usually only about 70 calories for one pot. I also find that having a good breakfast staves off the cravings throughout the day too. If I'm proper hungry some protein is good, so maybe a glass of low fat milk, depending on how many calories I have to play with. I've gotten much better at taking out one square of chocolate from the cupboard and putting the bar back and not going back for more, so that is good for a small treat. Jaffa cakes are also quite diet friendly. I also think a cup of chai tea is good for a sweet treat in the evenings xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There are many foods that fall in to this category. I would suggest making MFP friends who are halfway or have reached their goal and browse through their food diaries. You are welcome to send me a request. I keep my diary open to my MFP friends. I'm not a "health food" person, but I eat healthy foods in combination with some processed foods. I really try to keep those to a minimum though. I still dine out, have a beer once in a while and enjoy treats. It's just a matter of portion control and finding the right balance. Good luck!

Such a great answer, I wish I'd thought of it!!!xx