How Many Pounds

Options
How many pounds did you have to lose before you noticed a decrease in your clothing size?

I am wondering if I am normal. I have dropped over 30 lbs, but I really haven't gone down in clothing sizes at all. I still wear all the same clothing!:indifferent:

What is your experience?

Replies

• His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    How many pounds did you have to lose before you noticed a decrease in your clothing size?

I am wondering if I am normal. I have dropped over 30 lbs, but I really haven't gone down in clothing sizes at all. I still wear all the same clothing!:indifferent:

What is your experience?
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    When I went from 200 lbs down to 165 I only went down 1 pant size. Granted, I probably should have been buying the size 16 pants but out of pride kept wearing the 14s. I think it will take me another 10 -15 lbs (around 140) to get down to a 10.
  • sandyt1975
    Options
    Can you tell a difference in the way they fit?
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Can you tell a difference in the way they fit?

Granted, they are loose, but these is just something special about going to the store and being able to buy the next size lower!

Thanks for your response!:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You know......there is no tried and true answer to that....

See, I weighed 185 two and a half years ago. I was a size 16/18. I lost 30/35 pounds and was wearing (barely) a 10.

I weigh currently 183. (Gained it all back....long story!!) I wear a size 14. It's a strange thing.....
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I lost ALOT on top in the beginning too, which is why I'm already a dress size 10. But these darn hips just won't budge!

So I take joy inthe little things, like wearing a size medium in tops now. Or if its a fitted/sized shirt I can often wear a size 8.

Don't be discouraged if that pants don't fit just yet. Or go to Old Navy, I've found that their pants fit me big so I'm alread a size 10 there. :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I lost ALOT on top in the beginning too, which is why I'm already a dress size 10. But these darn hips just won't budge!

So I take joy inthe little things, like wearing a size medium in tops now. Or if its a fitted/sized shirt I can often wear a size 8.

Don't be discouraged if that pants don't fit just yet. Or go to Old Navy, I've found that their pants fit me big so I'm alread a size 10 there. :bigsmile:

Ditto!!
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I weighed 215 lbs. I lost 50 lbs and was wearing a size 10, first time since high school. I fell off the wagon and gained it all back and more. Now I'm in a size 16 but I have lost 9 lbs again so I'm going in the right direction now. I'll see if I can get back to that size 10 again and let you know. :laugh: :sad: :sad: :drinker:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Usually between 15-20 is what I found. But the inches do matter more I think! Because you're toning and getting tighter so everything is shrinking!
    Good luck! It WILL come off and it WILL show in your clothes!
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :sick: Wowsers, when I think about it I've made a very active up and down line on the weight chart throughout my life.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I was a snug 18 when I started, I wore those pants until I was about 25 lbs lighter. I probably could have kept wearing them though, but they were obviously too big. I'm a 10/12 now though so after that first 25 I lost a size every 10 pounds or so.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on the store and the style. I was wearing a snug 14 before in jeans (really, should have been a 16) and now I wear a 6. BUT, at stores like Express, I'm lucky if I can wear a 10 (because they sit on my hips, rather than at my waist.) However, I couldn't wear a 14 or even a 16 there before.

I didn't buy a new pair of pants until I could get a 10--I just couldn't rationalize buying a new pair of pants every time I lost a size, especially when I wanted to lose more. The pants I'm wearing now are hand-me-downs--right now I only have 2 pairs that fit!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'd been painfully squeezing into my jeans (on good days) so I'm wearing the same size. They're getting a wee big baggy in the rear, though-- :bigsmile: Couple more pounds and I'll be able to buy new.
  • His_Kelly
    Options

Good point. Thanks! :smile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I guess everyone is different
    I've lost 27 pounds in total since joining this site (and exceeded my initial goal)
    My starting size was a 10 and I am now a 4 or 6 depending on the store
    It seems the 'norm' on the site is about 15 pounds to drop a size

Good luck...I say as long as u are feeling better and loosing inches....who cares
    Keep up the good work!
    KIM
  • Marla64
    Options

Good point. Thanks! :smile:

Oh, yeah-- duhhh-- excellent point. My gut is the last thing leaving. I lost a bunch around the top and bra strap area, and my tummy (9 babies worth of flabula) is taking a while to leave.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing all of my old clothes and haven't bought anything new yet...most of my clothes are fitting much looser, but not to the point that they look sloppy...I'd really like to have some of my clothes tailored so that I don't have to buy new clothes any time soon...I want to save all my money for a shopping spree when I get closer to my goal weight. I'm about 25% there!
  • Marla64
    Options
    38 pounds is wonderful, Laura-- keep it up-- !!!

bye.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yeh I think it has a lot to do with your frame, your style, your build.

I HAD to buy new clothes at 20 pounds when the 14s literally fell off. I laughed so hard I think I lost another pound.

So now I sit at 12....bought a 10 the other day. depends on brand too.

33 is awsome! YOU GO girl!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    Options

33 is awsome! YOU GO girl!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Awwwe, Thanks!

Congrats on your 21, too!!! :smile: