Keeping Fit During Pregnancy! Help

Options
To all you pregnant women and moms, I need some good advice on what you are doing or have done to stay in shape and keep from gaining an unhealthy amount of weight during pregnancy as well as just being healthy? I have had one baby in 2010 and did not do well at staying in shape during that pregnancy I gained like 40+ lbs I think and looked and felt awful afterwards. Since then I've lost all and then some- of my pregnancy weight in about 5 months doing Jillian Michaels DVDs, counting calories on MFP, and watching my intake of fats..sugars..sodium etc. I need to know what I should be doing different now that I'm pregnant as opposed to not pregnant. What kind of workouts or exercising do you do when your suffering from morning sickness so as to not get out of shape in that period of time? Ever since I found out I'm pregnant (about 2 weeks ago) I've felt so nasty and unmotivated with morning sickness most the day that I can't bring myself to do my usual Jillian workouts. Occasionally I will manage to get a good workout in but then I slack off for a week from just not feeling good. I am still trying to maintain a 1200 calorie diet but having to eat snacks all the time to keep from getting queezy makes that really hard. And I've just been snacking on stuff like saltine crackers, cherries, strawberries, ginger ale(although it has a LOT of sugar). When do I need to up my calore intake to 200-300 more per day? (I'm only 8 weeks preg. right now.)
Also has anyone done Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown while pregant? If not, do you have a good recommendation of a yoga workout dvd or other workouts for when I get into the 3rd trimester etc? I want something challenging but safe as well. It's just really hard to bare the thought of all this weight creeping back on inevitably after I've worked so hard to loose it all. I just want to do everything I can to not repeat what happened last time :-S Thanks!

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Eating correctly and exercise ( I did prenatal swim class and prenatal yoga) Of course I still gained like crazy since I was put on modified bed rest towards the end... Only could get up to go to work (I sit at a desk) come home and that was it... :(
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eating correctly and exercise ( I did prenatal swim class and prenatal yoga) Of course I still gained like crazy since I was put on modified bed rest towards the end... Only could get up to go to work (I sit at a desk) come home and that was it... :(

I didn't even think of the possibility of bed rest this time around :-S that'd be such a bummer!! Nearing the end of my pregnancy last time I was having really high blood pressure and I was worried I would have to be put on bed rest. Instead, I just had to deliver early. AND by C-section since she was breech. That probably didnt help my weight loss much either having to spend 6 weeks doing little to nothing while recovering.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did water aerobics and I loved it. I had praxton hicks throughout my whole pregnancy so the only exersize that was comfortable to me was being in the water. I also didn't "eat for two", you really only need to consume a small amount more than before you were pregnant. Try using your extra calories on things like fruits and veggies. Try and stay active