Wii help!!! ASAP PLEASE!!!

Options
dodd319
dodd319 Posts: 228
I have the Wii plugged in but all I have is sound and no picture. What am I doing wrong??? My husband is at work and the kids I babysit left early. I really need to get my exercise in!!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Check the RCA cables, you have power but the Red//Yellow/White cable sounds like its unhooked
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the video plug may be in the wrong spot.
  • ShinySpork
    ShinySpork Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you've got multiple systems hooked into your TV, your TV may be on the wrong source (e.g. AV1 vs COMP1).
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the Wii unit has to be reset. A couple of times mines has refused to turn on and just kept glowing! The service center suggested we unplug the unit from BOTH ENDS, wait for 10 seconds and then reconnect it. That's how the unit resets itself. It works for us every time. Maybe this will help???:)
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Turn on some music and dance! Go outside for a walk, do some jumping jacks, jog in place, pretend to hula hoop, box, whatever - just move! Just some suggestions to take away the panic because I have no idea how to diagnose what's wrong with the Wii.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    SCART or RCA plug, it will be somethig simple like that, go over all the connections and make sure they are in properly!!
  • dodd319
    Options
    I have the red & white plugged into the back of the tv and the other end of the gray Wii cable to the back of the Wii. It's the only way I could get anything at all. I unplugged the harddrive and will uplug the ps3 too. Thanks!
  • dodd319
    Options
    Ok, so I still couldn't get it to work. Instead, I worked out on my own while watching Wild Kratt's on PBS (my 4 year old was watching it). I did all the exercises that I could remember that Jenny McCarthy makes me do, even the hard ones that I hate! Thanks ruststar for giving the idea! I didn't think I would remember all of them but I did!!!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I still couldn't get it to work. Instead, I worked out on my own while watching Wild Kratt's on PBS (my 4 year old was watching it). I did all the exercises that I could remember that Jenny McCarthy makes me do, even the hard ones that I hate! Thanks ruststar for giving the idea! I didn't think I would remember all of them but I did!!!

All that matters is that you move around more, so if nothing else do whatever gets you moving!