Options
muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
101_0500.jpg

101_0499.jpg

101_0570.jpg

101_0567.jpg

101_0519.jpg

Everything grown is chemical free, pesticide free, and grown by me - in my side yard by my a/c unit (because that's the side that gets the most sun). The tomato was picked yesterday, the zuccini today and the greens are hit & miss except the pea pods. Those are done and in the freezer. I got another handful before the plants were finished. Yet to come: cucumber, yellow squash, carrots and bell peppers. This is about as "organic" as you can get. :-)

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Vegetables taste so much better when they are picked from your own garden.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options

But they are more satisfying when you steal them from your Nazi Neighbor
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

But they are more satisfying when you steal them from your Nazi Neighbor

Of course. Everyone knows that.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    thats cool. i would love to have a garden.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Yummy! I'm growing beetroot, carrots, baby turnips, lettuce (in the garden), basil and chilli peppers (on my kitchen windowsill), and I can't wait to eat them! Need to buy a bigger trough for the veg though, they're a bit cramped!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    FnL: Then have one. :-) There's all kinds of ways to garden.

Lauz: I read somewhere of someone using old gutters - they repurposed them and set up a hanging system (I can't describe it but it's something you'd see at a retail store for their shelving) on the exterior wall of their home because they couldn't plant in ground. I thought that was the awesomist idea ever!

I'd love to roof garden but I don't have the best access to mine so harvesting would be a bit of a hassle if I did produce.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Options
    I just love wandering out into my garden and gathering fresh veg and herbs for my meals. You know it is fresh and organic and that is going to do you good. Also the sense of achievement is lovely!