need ideas for ground turkey meat

Options
so instead of ground beef i always try to get ground turkey. usually i make meatballs, meatloaf, or tacos. does anyone have a quick simple healthy recipe for ground turkey?

Replies

• DedicatedDiva
    Options
    I'm in need of the same thing!
    I'm thinking of switching up a recipe that I've made beofe with Italian Turkey Sausage and using just regular ground turkey and adding my own spices.

Browned Ground Turkey
    Italian Seasonings & Crushed Red Pepper
    Sliced Onion
    Sliced Peppers (Green, Red, or Yellow)
    Diced Tomatoes (canned, no salt added)
    Tomato Sauce (no salt added)

Cook it all up in the pan and then top over Quinoa or any Rice/Potato you like.
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how healthy it was, but the wife made some chili with ground turkey. Very tasty.
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey
    Turkey Flavored Stuffing (One Box)
    1/2 cup Chicken Stock

Mix together, even divide amoung 12 muffin tins at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Can't get much easier and yummier than that. It's my Junkfood addicted DH's favorite.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    bump
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    I would love some ideas too! I make tacos a lot! Probably too much. ;)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Try my Quinoa Meatballs made with ground turkey: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/skwilson1990
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    how about sloppy joes? i use ground turkey for them all the time. or theres this sloppy joe casserole i'm making tonight using ground turkey instead of beef. i've already added the recipe to the database too =)

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/sloppy-joe-casserole/89b82488-7f2c-4c63-be7f-94a06ad137bf/?WT.mc_id=paid_search_TDCore_PB&WT.srch=1&esrc=11183&mkwid=sViYJntXV&pcrid=6261874017&gclid=COqh4_mP16kCFUlx5QodqyfEMA
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    bump
  • mitchy2310
    mitchy2310 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Joes (made with Turkey instead)
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    Turkey Burgers
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I put chopped up jalapenos and some light shredded cheese mixed in and then grill them like burgers. You can add egg white to hep it stick together. It is really good with or without a bun!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Turkey Tacos! get a packet of low sodium taco mix your favorite healthy taco toppings (i like lettuce, tomatoes, a little cheese, maybe some salsa, whatever tickles your fancy). pretty simple to do :)
  • Lily0013
    Lily0013 Posts: 28
    Options
    Turkey ragu:
    Boil your favorite whole wheat pasta, brown turkey in skillet, add a pint of grape tomatoes and some chopped garlic, cook till tomatoes burst then mix in pasta and top in bowl with feta cheese
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Turkey & Mixed Bean Chilli
    Turkey Mince
    Tin of Mixed Beans (Red Kidney, Chickpeas, Cannellini Beans, etc.)
    Salsa
    Chillies
    Whatever else you might often add to a chilli, I often include diced onion, garlic and possibly mushroom.

Usually eat a small bowl with warmed wholemeal pita bread.
  • sdaltonking
    Options
    I have THE BEST recipe for you for ground turkey (well, in my opinion); it's a pizza and it's completely free of sugar and flour, and it's to die for!!!
    The crust is where you'll find the ground turkey; here is the recipe for the crust and you can top it however you'd like. Enjoy :) I'll try to post a pic of the one I made, too.

1/4 cup old fash­ioned oats
    1/2 tsp bak­ing pow­der
    1/4 tsp ground flaxseed
    4 oz ground lean turkey

The turkey gets mixed in UNCOOKED (that's what makes it gooey).
    Bake the crust alone for 5 minutes each side at 350 degrees
    Top it and bake an additional 10-15 min
    I used fat free cottage cheese and a little feta as my cheese...
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I make a meatloaf with Ground turkey... I also add yellow peppers and onions to it...

Its SOOOOOO good!!!!!
  • drcru04
    drcru04 Posts: 3
    Options
    I make my chili with ground turkey also. I find it to be just as tasty, and I figure its healthier, since the only ingredients I add after then contain no fat.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i love turkey taco's!! how about stuffed peppers with ground turkey, or spaghetti?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like to make lettuce wraps along with most everything else I read on this page. :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Stuffed turkey peppers. Top with a low-sodium ragu and some cheese.
  • Tinalynn15
    Tinalynn15 Posts: 25
    Options
    That is all I use is ground turkey, basically anything you would of made with ground beef just replace!