up north der hey....

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Heading to northern Wisconsin for the July 4th weekend. Looking for suggestions of places to go, camp grounds, fireworks, parades. Will be traveling north of Geenbay. Pretty open as far as a destination.
Anyone?

Thanks!

Replies

• hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    No suggestions for ya, but I will be in Northern Minnesota! Grand Rapids if you've ever heard of it! I FRICKING cant wait!! Soooo pumped! Have a great holiday if I dont talk to ya before hand! =)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited too. Harley camping road trip.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    We use to take our kids camping (keep in mind my hubby liked to REALLY Rough it!) to the Chequamegon National Forest in Drummond, Wisconsin. It is very near to Telemark Lodge in Cable, Wisconsin. There are Bears there just FYI. They are very cool though if you see them!! It's called Two Lakes Campground on Lake Owen and Bass Lake. Very secluded and very beautiful. One of the lakes is a "no-wake" lake. Lot's of Loons, porcupines, raccoons, bears, and fish in them there lakes!! They do have outhouses but no showers. They do have hook-ups for camper stuff.
    Have fun! Oh and as far as fireworks in Wisconsin. . . . . . . . . .they are EVERYWHERE! They seriously sell them everywhere! My son just went yesterday to Phantom Fireworks in Hudson, WI for fireworks. Buy one get one free on EVERYTHING!

Have fun!! Be safe!!