Manicotti assistance, anyone?

Options
Hey guys! I'm in the process of making dinner, and here's what I'm doing:

I've taken raw cauliflower, big ol' stalks of broccoli and half a purple cabbage and chopped 'em up. I prepped my pan with some water, shallots, red onion, green onion and garlic cloves (let that simmer for about ten minutes). THEN I dumped in my raw veg mixture and am letting it cook down and get nice and soft so I can use it to fill manicotti pasta. I'll put the filled manicotti in with tomato sauce, top with low-fat cheese and bake it.

My question is, what should I preheat my oven for and how long should I bake it? The manicotti is dry when I fill it, so the tomato sauce is really the only liquid that will cook it. I need halp! :) Thanks guys.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Preheat at 350 degrees. Don't over cook the manicotti before stuffing it. Cook it for about 20-30 minutes.
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Preheat at 350 degrees. Don't over cook the manicotti before stuffing it. Cook it for about 20-30 minutes.

Well I'm not cooking it before I stuff it...its dry. So...would it just be the same time you said?
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I think when you use dry lasagna noodles, you add a cup of water to the jar of spaghetti sauce so that there's more liquid for the noodles to absorb during cooking.

Good luck!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Add one cup of water to the sauce to help the pasta cook, bake covered for about 30 mins and uncovered for another 20 to 30 mins.
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Remember if you precook the pasta half way it takes a LOT of the starch out of it. I do recomend that as it seems to come out better. If your not pre cooking a little I recomend 45 min - an hour. Make sure you cook it covered as well or it will be soggy on the bottom and dry/burn/crunchy on the top.