too much protein

ashnix3076
ashnix3076 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
well i'm on my first day of mfp and i've done quite a bit more protein than what was called for. i'm in a good range with everything else though. is this going to somehow effect me negatively in the long run if i continue to have more than the required protein in my daily diet? eh?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Most of us using MFP settings try to go over (in the red) on protein and fiber, as the MFP default is pretty low for both.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    MFP's protein settings are pretty low, it's fine to go over them, in fact, most of us who've been using MFP for a while use the custom goals to set our macro percentages higher than the MFP default.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    more protein is good
    *unless you suffer from liver or kidney disease, in which case, ask a doctor
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    The protein goal that MFP gives people tends to be quite low.
    You should be getting .5 to 1g of protein for each pound of lean body weight.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    I usually up the protein manually in my goals by 5% more than MFP gives me. If the only thing that's over is protein, it's a pretty good day for me :laugh:
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    MFP's preset protein guideline is pretty low. You should be eating about 1g of protein for each lb of your body weight.
  • ashnix3076
    ashnix3076 Posts: 7 Member
    awesome guys thank you a bunch all of yaaa!
This discussion has been closed.