Pepsi Max ??

Options
tc_2011
tc_2011 Posts: 8 Member
Looking for info on low cal pop. I am a bit of a pop-a-holic..... I know that Pepsi Max has zero calories, but it's still pop.... it's still got to be bad for you. ....right? Any input?

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    guess it depends how you feel about the fake sugar debate..........it's got aspartame in it.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I loved Pepsi Max. I even think I became addicted to it because I would so crave it. But be fore warned ( and also know I am no medical expert) that when I drank 3 or 4 bottles of the stuff in one day, I began having chest pains. Probably due to the fact it had lots of caffein AND ginsing.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sodas are bad. Try to leave them alone.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I used to drink up to 12 (yup) regular Diet Pepsi's a day..now I am drinking one Diet Pepsi Max in the morning. My coffee, I guess....I love it and Im not giving it up.....LOL
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Switching from reg to diet is a good place to start, but in the long run it is all chemicals and you would be better off without it. It is easy for me to say becasue I am not a huge soda fan. You have to walk before you can run.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    zero cals in anything has got to help weightloss, but there are always other issues..oh the dreaded Aspartame debate
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I used to drink up to 10 - 12 regular Pepsi's a day (for close to 8 years). I also used to give blood every 8 weeks They could never find my veins because soda constricts them (but I never knew why until..... I went on some crazy diet and FORCED myself to drink water - I was So full of water all the time I slowly stopped drinking the Pepsi (still not thinking it was that bad for me) - went to give blood one day and warned them (as always) that they get 1 shot at my veins so get someone who's good! The guy told me I had great veins....what?? Asked me about any diet change - told him I'd pretty much quit the soda and was drinking a lot of water for a diet I was on - And this was within that 8 weeks that I made that change - that fast....

Going from 12 pepsi's a day - to now...??? I can't drink ANYTHING with caffeine in it - makes me crazy jittery - and really don't crave soda at all anymore - once in a while it sounds good - so I go for it - sometimes its a wonderful taste and sometimes its just another drink - nothing spectacular - believe me if I can cut it out to the point of not wanting it anymore, anyone can ;-)

Imagine what happens to your body, in general when your veins are constricted like that....versus being opened up and your blood flowing freely...

Try drinking a glass (even if its not a huge one) of water just before you reach for that soda - in a baby steps kinda way - might make you not finish the soda, not drink it all all or drink it over a longer period of time (so as not to have more).

And if you're not a water fan - try dropping some crystal light in there for awhile until you wien yourself off the soda. I don't think any soda is great for you if drank regularly and in excess.

There's my 2 cents ;-) Good luck!