FINAL. FIFTEEN.

Options
Well, for now. I am fifteen pounds away from being within my ideal body range. Just inside it, but the thought of being labelled "healthy" is just....astounding. I haven't been "healthy" since early elementary school. When I realized it the other day, that I had almost lost 40 pounds I almost cried. I'm actually going to do this!!!! I'm going to be fit, healthy, and maybe pretty??? while i can truly enjoy it!!!! I'm more confident then EVER in my ability to beat this mess!! But...

I do need some help. I'm try to keep in my mind that if I keep pushing myself I will lost these last 15 as easily as i've lost the last 40, but I've always heard that the last 15 is in fact harder. Why? is there a physical, anatomical reason or is it just that people get lazy?

Can you guys give me some tips to help make these final fifteen ( I just love typing it!!!!!!!!!) more successful??

This site has really helped me out! I've loved talking to people, and logging in my meals and exercise help keep me on track and help me feel good and proud of my choices and accomplishments! :D

Replies

• GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    sooooo that's a negative??
  • loverly80
    loverly80 Posts: 5
    Options
    unfortunately, I'd never made it down to "my last fifteen" but that's amazing!!!!!!!

I don't have any advice to for you to make it easier, but I'd say go in with a positive attitude!

Great work, very inspiring! :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 15-20lbs left range, so here's some thoughts.

Look at what your weekly goal is...I had to change mine to 0.5lb loss a week to start losing again. Basically, it upped my daily calories a bit. By eating a little more, I started losing after being stuck on a long plateau after the first 40lbs came off.

Stick very closely to your NET calorie goal. You're so close to a healthy BMI, etc, that too many extra calories can keep you in a plateau.

Have you measured yourself? At this point, the scale may not move much, but you'll still lose inches where you need to. I'm only 1lb lighter than a year ago, but I lost 10 inches in my thighs.

Make sure you're doing a good amount of strength training to tone your body.

Make sure you change up your exercise routine. That will help keep your calorie burn up versus doing the same thing all the time.

Look at your food diary and see if there are more healthy choices you can make. Basically, fine tune what you're eating to help every calorie count.

Hope this helps. Congrats on your progress so far!
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got to the last 10 and thought I'd never get it off, I am now at the last 5. I changed up my workouts and that has seemed to help. There is a reason it's harder to lose because there's less to lose. The bigger you are the more calories you get as you get closer to goal the calories remain but you won't lose as a woman as fast. I just keep working out regardless, push yourself. No people don't get lazy as they get near goal. I agree to build muscle since it helps burn more fat, I also thought that where I wanted to be since I'd been there before was the right goal, but people have said I look healthier this time around and more in shape... soooo muscle weighs more so perhaps my last 5 isn't even attainable, I have a stomach roll that I want flat. I am happy and look great where I am right now but for me I want that flat stomach. Remember to push through it and you can acheive anything. Good luck to you.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    thank you guys! I've started measuring myself once a week and I've found if I don't lose on the scale I usually still lose SOMEWHERE on my body measurement wise. I'm starting to lose my thighs as well!! I looked up my apparent Ideal measurements and according to them my hips are at the right side but I still have almost 9 inches to lose in my waist? that seems like it would look odd... i may have to look it up again.