Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss

LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Do they really need to weigh these people on a freight scale on TV??? WTF .....come on. I know it's for TV but that is a little degrading, eh?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    I think it's meant to be a reality check.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I cannot say why lies behind it, but I can say it is not meant to be degrading. I do believe as someone else said, this is meant as a reality check. For many of us we need that to really be motivated to lose weight. For me it was a small stroke. Maybe for these people, rather than waiting until they have a major medical event like that, they do this to make them realize that normal scales cannot weigh them.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    I think it's meant to be a reality check.

Exactly, reality check. It is a little degrading, but that is what starts the journey. You have to hit rock bottom before you can climb back up:)
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Isn't not doing anything about being overweight a little degrading in itself. I have degraded myself long enough. I totally agree that it is a reality check and they know that they are signing up to expose it all and get healthy.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    I agree, I think these people who go on these shows are very brave and are desperate for help, they don't deserve to be humiliated in front of the world like that. How about a medical scale, with some privacy so they don't have to be paraded around in their underwear?
This discussion has been closed.