Looking for friends

Options
jms1985
jms1985 Posts: 58 Member
Hey all! So I'm new to this site & looking for some friends. Ideally, I'd like some people who have similar goals as me (ie: started out around the same weight, etc) but really - if you'll inspire me, you can be my friend ;-)

So here's about me....

HW&SW: 289.2 (March 2011)
CW: 250.7
GW: 199 (then I'll keep going!)

-I have been diagnosed with PCOS but am not currently taking any medications for it. I want to try to lose the weight first, and anyone with PCOS knows how hard that is!
-I live with my boyfriend who likes to say that he is "fat & happy", so there's not a lot of inspiration to go around at home, but there are a lot of swiss cake rolls to tease me with :(
-The nearest gym is roughly 45 minutes away. Yeah. Sucks. I like to walk 12 - 15 miles per week & do Zumba twice a week. The woman who instructs Zumba however, may be cutting one of the classes that I am able to make, if that happens, I will replace it with 3 - 4 miles of walking.
-I've lost 38 lbs so far & am not even close to quitting yet! I am also down 2 - 3 pants sizes. And I wish I took measurements when I started!!

So I'm looking for friends, I hope you'll add me! :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
  • shugieboogie
    Options
    This is a fantastic site and welcome! You can add me as a friend, I am also new to this site, but it has lots of great people, excellent support, and I wish I had found it years ago! If I can help in anyway I sure will, and if you ever feel discouraged, all you have to do is log in and everyone here will give you encouragement and make you feel good!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello, and Welcome .:flowerforyou: I am recently new to this site too just about 12 days in now. Although I am older than you , I would love to be a MFP pal. I too have the same struggle at home, not too much support here either. I have some health issues that are keeping me from doing much in the way of exercise right at the moment, but I hope with a few more pounds gone, I will be able to incorporate that into my weight loss more. I would be glad to have you as a weight loss pal,send me a friend request if you like.:flowerforyou: