Just joined and am LOVING this!

Options
bosoxjenn
bosoxjenn Posts: 12 Member
I have been "wanting" to lose weight for years. I am now in the position where I "HAVE" to.

I went to the doctor last week with a laundry list of complaints and how I just feel "blah" all the time. My main complaints were that I am tired all the time and have mild, but constant, joint pain.

Long story short, my tests came back showing I was dehydrated and my glucose levels were showing as prediabetic. :noway:

My main issue is that I don't eat enough, hence why it seemed impossible to lose weight. Thanks to this website/phone app, I know exactly how many calories and protein/carbs/etc. I need to take in on a daily basis AND I have put myself on a shedule for when I need to eat. I have also significantly increased my water consumption. I have only been doing this for 2 days and have already lost a couple pounds! I know it's just the water weight that is coming off this soon into my plan, but it is awesome encouragement.

My goal is to lose at least 40 pounds (from 198 to 160) and to simply just feel better! :flowerforyou:

I am looking forward to all this site has to offer!!!!

~Jenn~

Replies

• NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I joined about a month ago and I love Mfp and the people here.
  • ValAllen18
    Options
    Hi i just joined this week I love this too
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do it!!!
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome, from another newbie. It's funny but I also found out I hadn't been eating enough.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Just turned 46, grammie of 6 and I cant keep up with them! I want to bicycle with my husband and go hiking and fishing again. I want my body to not hurt all the time. I want to by whatever I want at the store instead of having to pick 'the next size up'...you can add me if you would like some support. I take this very seriously and love to extend the encouragment to those I know here.

my start weight was 206, I am now 194.8 (been doing this just over 2 months) its a little slow but I am noticing other changes so I am encouraged.
    Best of luck to you!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Welcome..and MFP is working for me. Good Luck. Add me if you would like.
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Greatest place for Inspiration, motivation & encouragement! Best of luck & feel free to friend me ;)
  • Juliethemom
    Options
    I'm a newbie too. Love that I have to be honest about what goes in my mouth and
    it makes me motivated to get out and exercise. Hope it helps me get in shape.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the noobies :D You all will do grate on mfp program. Its the best thing I have found so far. And after a wile you will want to come back all the time. Its addicting once you start seeing your results. Add me if you would like. Good luck everyone!