A real NSV today!! Also, I know that sizing has changed!!

Options
I went to Kohls today because my clothes are just hanging on me now. A few months ago I needed to find a dress for a wedding and everything I tried on made me look fat even though I wasn't terribly overweight. Everything just looked awful on me and made me feel fat and sloppy.

Today, everything I tried on looked cute and didn't make me look fat or sloppy. I had a hard time trying to figure out what to buy!! I felt so happy I wanted to dance around the store and sing "I'm not fat, I'm not fat"!!

Now I'm finding another problem, one I can certainly live with.... I was having problems finding size Small and some of the Smalls were too big. There were some styles that I could have worn an XS had I been able to find that size. I know they have changed sizing because years ago when I was in high school and weighed 107, I wore a size Small and I was smaller then, than I am now. Just sayin'......

Replies

• nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats... really not a bad problem to have at all!!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, isn't it funny how sizes have changed! When I was in high school in the 80s and weighed 120 lbs., I wore a size 10. Now at 131 pounds and with a good sized gut on me I can wear many things in a 6 or 8. Congratulations on your NSV and finding some cute clothes for your new, more slender figure!! :happy:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    If I saw you dancing around Kohl's in a dress chanting "I'm not fat" I probably would giggle and cheer you on. We've all been there (not liking how we look in clothing), so to know that you look good is a success and reason to celebrate! Like a victory dance I suppose :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Olivia Joules (book by Helen Fielding, author of the Bridget Jones books) says "only buy clothes that make you feel like doing a small dance". It's great to hear that you were dancing today!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    awesome! It is SOOO much more fun to shop when clothes fit right and you *feel* thin!