Weight and the female monthly cycle....

Options
Hey ladies,

How much does your weight fluctuate just before,during and after your mestural cycle?

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Only about a pound the day before... My weight isn't affected so much by my monthly time (or ovulation, which is worse for me food wise) as it is by the water I drink to hold off the stupid cravings.
    Tea helps to flush you out. Therefore, the day before weigh day, have a couple cups of tea in the afternoon into the evening.
  • IceCreamKitty
    Options
    about 3 to 4 pounds :(
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up 1-5 pounds that quickly disappear the next week...
  • bebecutie
    bebecutie Posts: 4
    Options
    hi,

mine fluctuates a lot....usually about 3 to 5 lbs...sometimes even more...it all depends on ur diet...if u consume too much salty foods and drink lots of water..then it will b all water weight...and also we bloat like crazy...so u will notice a hugeee difference before..during and after ur period! i hope this helps! but ya dont let that frustrates you...coz it happens to all of us! :D
  • T0nie2
    T0nie2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself when that ***** is in town.

What's the point? She's a party pooper.
  • CindyWho4
    CindyWho4 Posts: 9
    Options
    I reallyyy bloat, and retain water nearly the entire time. Usually 5-8lbs and it's very, very frustrating!!
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    about 3 to 4 pounds :(

Thats what i have found and it scared me. I didnt realise i was so close to mensturating when i weighed in and i got a HUGE shock that i had put on weight and so much of it. Last day of my cycle and all the extra plus more weight was off...
    I am going to get into the tea for next month :laugh:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    pms= 138
    day before period= 140
    1st day= 138
    3rd day= 136
    end= 132.5??
    crazyyyyy
  • Mandalicious
    Mandalicious Posts: 126
    Options
    Usually up 2 to 3 lbs the day before I start, then back down to normal by one to two days into the cycle.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is the 3rd thread I've replied to just tonight about cycles! I usually go down about 2 or 3 right before I start, then go up about 5 during, and then even off again after. Some times it stays up, sometimes it goes away and takes a few more with it. Luck of the draw, I guess!
  • Live4HerSmile
    Options
    I usually "gain" about 5lbs just before/during and it drops as I end my cycle and return to "normal". I hate it.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    3-5 lbs on average. that time now. ugghhh I feel like a cow :( but it comes right back off and then some when its past. Its really hard to stay motivated to walk and workout though!
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Options
    im so relieved its a normal part of being a woman and trying to lose weight! Thanks ladies!
  • kranstar
    kranstar Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't weigh myself when that ***** is in town.

What's the point? She's a party pooper.

Haha! Good perspective.
  • christasteph
    christasteph Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5 pounds. But actually, I fluctuate 5 pounds from morning to evening, no joke!
  • christasteph
    christasteph Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sounds like me!:ohwell:
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    5 pounds. But actually, I fluctuate 5 pounds from morning to evening, no joke!

Gosh that is about the same with me :(
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Options
    Does anyones weight fluctuate during ovulation also?
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    It varies for me, but if I graph my daily weigh-ins I can pick out TOM just by looking at the graph due to the spikes. It always comes off again afterwards though.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm doing the exact same thing right now. I started this journey about one week before this stupid week occurs. Weighed myself today and was upset i was up by a pound and a half! I'm feeling moody and depressed because of it because now I don't feel like i've made any progress in the past 5 days. I'm convincing myself the burger I am craving wouldn't make me any happier with the scale readings right now.

Hoping it goes down by like 5 pounds once my visitor arrives. Stinks being a girl!