Accelerator Days

Options
Hey guys, so I'm doing Michelle Bridges Losing the Last 5 Kilos and todays an Accelerator Day which basically means no carbs and only vegies as snacks. So I'm a bit hungry but aren't really sure what to snack on as I usually eat like fruit, nuts or yogurt as a snack. You're not meant to have high starch vegies like potatos so I was wondering am I allowed to eat tinned mixed beans or chip peas today?
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• misty_opal
    misty_opal Posts: 17
    Options
    any suggestions?.
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Michelle Bridges program, but I am watching my carbs. My instinct on this would be that if she is saying "no carbs" on an accelerator day then this would exclude your mixed beans and chip peas. I'd eat some nuts. Those have higher protein and "healthy" fats which help immensely at keeping hunger at bay. Just my thoughts though. Your mileage may vary.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and look up to see what this programme is, I've never heard of it. Yeah I think nuts are the way forward. I love a low fat vanilla yogurt with about 12 whole almonds in there, it keeps you going for ages! But low fat yogurts have some carbs! What about a low fat cheese - generally there's no carbs at all there xx
  • misty_opal
    misty_opal Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks guys! Michelle Birdges is one of the trainers on Biggest Loser Australia :)