The truth is in the clothes not the scale

Options
I am preparing my bags to go out of town for a wedding. I was not worried about what I was going to wear because I have a bunch of dresses that I bought a couple of years ago for another wedding, plus the dresses I have accumulated throughout the years.

I have been feeling good about myself since I have lost 8 pounds since I started MFP, so I was not worried, I felt I could wear anything... Well, I have tried almost everything and nothing fits quite well... not even the dresses I had bought in the past to cover what I thought was fat... I am feeling sad...

Not defeated, just sad...

I know I have a long way to go for me to feel back in my skin, and I am not giving up. Not this early and not so soon. It's just a reality check... still a long way to go...

The good news is that I feel motivated to keep going, I'm not feeling like giving up, not now not ever. I know I don't have as much weight to lose as some of you, but I really miss my old self, healthy and energetic, I'll get there in time.

This is my life, this is my body and I am taking it back...

I am looking forward to fitting into my dresses some time soon....

Replies

• Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good for you! 8lbs is grate though. Soon you will fit into the dress you want. You sound very motivated and willing to keep going so your going to get there soon! Good luck on your journey! And you can do it!! :D