Walking Through Stores

Options
I find that going to a store like Wal Mart or a mall helps me to exercise. I'm not particularly big on walking but I'll find myself walking around the whole store for at least a good hour. Malls and stores are good places to exercise because they keep your mind off of what you're doing and you can even get other things done in the process for all you busy busy people out there.

Replies

• SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I agree, I even log it into my workouts because I hardly ever go.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion! I think that is why I don't gain weight on vacation. I do a lot of window shopping and site seeing.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Every time I go walking through stores I end up trying on clothes....and sweating like crazy it's a ......TOTAL CARDIO WORKOUT!! lol

who needs a gym membership when you can do this instead! hahaha
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Every time I go walking through stores I end up trying on clothes....and sweating like crazy it's a ......TOTAL CARDIO WORKOUT!! lol

who needs a gym membership when you can do this instead! hahaha

LOL me too!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    But for me it's not good - I always get tempted by food while I'm there. I'm better to go in and out as quickly as possible to just get what I want.
    Of course it helps that I live in a very temperate climate so I can exercise outside most days of the year. If I lived somewhere snowy I'd probably do laps around the mall to keep moving.