what food that has only 28 calories?

Options
eluiesita
eluiesita Posts: 31 Member
I am limiting myself to 600 calories perday this week and i already had 472, i got 128 left and i plan to have rice for dinner which is 100 calories.. Please help, thanks..

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you like for 28 calories, just a very very small amount of it!

Seriously, 600 cals a day is an extremely low calorie amount per day and should probably only be done under medical supervision. I'd suggest that you ask your medical team what you should be eating.
    If you don't have a medical team, please eat more.
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am limiting myself to 600 calories perday this week and i already had 472, i got 128 left and i plan to have rice for dinner which is 100 calories.. Please help, thanks..

I seriously suggest you eat a min of 1,200 cal a day.... 600 a day for a week??? Come on?? Really??? This is not going to lead you into anything good. You really need more so that your body is able to function properly. I advise against it.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that seems like a very unhealthy approach to food :ohwell:

600 isn't near enough for survival. Also, unless you're measuring everything extremely accurately, a margin of error is to be expected every day, so trying to make up a small amount like 28 calories isn't really worth worrying about.

Pedantically, if I wanted to eat 28 cals I'd have a crab stick.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    600 is too low you should be taking 1200 or more. You should probably talk to a nutritionist or a doctor as soon as possible! In order to lose weight you don't hAve to go that low in calories.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    why why why are you only eating 600 a day?!? that is not near enough and it will cause you to go into starvation mode and then you wont lose any weight...at the least you should be eating 1200
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You are going to short circuit your metabolism. 600 calories per day is crazy. You have totally lost all reasoning.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Without commenting on the wisdom of 600 cal/day, I suggest a green, leafy vegetable. Steamed bok choy or wilted baby spinach or fresh salad leaves, cucumber, or celery. These tend to be very low in calories, so you might be able to get a reasonable volume (and some vitamins and fibre, too).
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    so you shuld be eating more than that but heres a calorie table
    http://www.healthassist.net/food/calories-chart.shtml
  • eluiesita
    Options
    Not in a week, that's for the 600 cal I mentioned is actually for 1 day :)
    How much calories should I take per day? to lose 30 lbs in at least 2 months?
  • Pebble321
    Options
    How many cals does MFP give you? It won't be lower than 1200 as this is generally considered to be a safe minimum for women - unless you are very short, you should probably start with this and see how you go.
  • eluiesita
    Options
    cause i dont have any physical activity, 5 days a week, 9 hours a day i sit in front of my laptop to work.. i dont sweat at all.. that's why i limit me self to 600 cal per day, i thought it would be fine cause i just sit most of my time. :-)
  • eluiesita
    Options
    cause i dont have physical work out thats why im trying 600 cal per day
  • eluiesita
    Options
    thanks a lot :)
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Have a look at the Tools section on the MFP menu bar and you can calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate). This will tell you how many calories your body needs just to stay alive - things like keeping your heart beating and your food digesting. Once you factor in getting out of bed, taking a shower, eating breakfast, getting to work, sitting up, typing, all that kind of stuff, then you use more calories again.
    MFP takes these figures into account when it gives you a daily calorie allowance. I suggest following the MFP numbers for a month or so and see how you go.
    And it is probably also worth talking to your doctor. It sounds as though you have had some medical issues recently, so you might need advice on the best amount of calories and exercise for your particular situation. See if you can get referred to a nutritionist to help you plan healthy eating and exercise to help you lose weight and stay healthy. Dropping to 600 cals per day is dangerous and could cause all kinds of problems.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Go to the "my home" tab, click on goals and set yours. MPF advices you to set them to lose 1lb/week, which is the healthy amount to lose. You'll see that there's no way you'll have only 600 calories/day. You need to eat well to lose weight, not starve yourself.

Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Options
    And you might also like to read the MFP FAQs - they explain that the MFP calorie allowance doesn't take physcial activity into account. If you eat the amount recommended, you should lose weight even if you don't exercise.
  • eluiesita
    Options
    cause i dont have physical work out to burn a lot of calories, in a week i dont sweat at all..
  • eluiesita
    Options
    Not in a week, that's for the 600 cal I mentioned is actually for 1 day :)
    How much calories should I take per day? to lose 30 lbs in at least 2 months?

yeah thats right mfp gaves me 1200 cal per day, and i divided it in 2 cause i dont have physical workout, that's how i got the 600 cal per day
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Exercise ISN"T necessary to lose weight. Eat what MFP has recommended and you will lose weight, even if you don't exercise.
    Have a look at the faq's: www.myfitnesspal.com/faq
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Please, please, please see a doctor to help you with your weight loss. We want to see many more posts from you, and I'm afraid you'll get sick from eating way too little. Take good care of yourself--you deserve the best, healthiest body possible.