New from South Korea

Options
Hi!

I am living in South Korea (from Canada) and before I head back home (in TWO MONTHS!!!) I want to lose some of the weight I have put on (plus a few more pounds). Even though Koreans are slim, I am proof that their food does not always keep them that way! It has been delicious but dreadful to my waistline.
I feel inspired by everyone's successes, and feel very determined to lose this weight. I know this is something I'm going to stick to! This is a fantastic resource, and I'm hoping you all are a fantastic resource as well :)

Kate

Replies

• ameyer315
    ameyer315 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 22 and live in the ROK too! I've been here for 6 months and I've been on MFP the whole time. I've lost a little over 20 pounds. Tough to keep it off with all the galbi ;) I find that my biggest issue is logging foods since I don't feel like putting in all of the info for ALL of the products I eat. It's really hard to track carbs and proteins like that!
  • JuliaD81
    JuliaD81 Posts: 33
    Options
    Kate, I totally understand your pain. I lived in Korea for a year and gained over 40 pounds. The food was too good and the alcohol was too plentiful. Doesn't seem fair that the Koreans are generally skinny and eating the same as they do made me overweight! This is definitely a great site to help with the weigh tloss. The support is amazing. Good luck to you!!!!
  • hanharr
    hanharr Posts: 9
    Options
    welcome to mfp!! i'm planning to teach abroad in south korea next year and i was definitely under the impression most people who went abroad to SK lost weight from the food! i hate to ask you questions the moment you introduce yourself, but can you think of any foods in particular to be wary of when i'm being calorie-conscious abroad?