Frustration!!!

chelle2u
chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone
I am terrible at getting on and off the scales and I know I shouldn't do that as weight can fluctuate!! I am very frustrated!! YEsterday I got onto the scales to discover I had lost 1lb today I got on (after a fairly good day) and I seemingly have put on 5lb!!! Now I am wondering if this may be water retention as it was very hot yesterday - or at least I hope that is what it is! This weekend I had a day of overindulgence but I do not think that this would result in 5lb on would it?

Confused.com thanks for your advice in advance - Michelle xx

Replies

• Probly just water, i wouldn't worry and it will be ok, this life style takes time and I'm also guilty of getting on the scale to much and same thing happend to this weekend, 5 pound gain, and its falling back to normal. Just give it time you can do it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I think you are causing yourself to be frustrated unnecessarily...

You are right, we do fluctuate daily. We can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds from morning to night, and I have proven this myself even eating super clean and doing a great workout.

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself more than once a week or it will drive you crazy. There are sooo many factors in scale weight that are more than just fat and muscle, and 24 hours is normally too little of an interval to use when you are only wanting to measure changes in just those 2 factors.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Did you consume 17,500 calories more than you used at the weekend? Then you haven't gained 5lbs in fat lol.

It's more than likely water, check your salt consumption and drink plenty of water to flush it out. If you aren't drinking enough in the heat it will hold on to water, if you drink lots it will just go through you.

Viva le UK Heatwave !
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    I am guilty of weighing myself daily but I only record it weekly. It's definitely water retention. Don't worry you're doing just fine!!!

:glasses:
  • chelle2u
    chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! Bizarrely in the space of 2 hours 2 pounds of it have disappeared!!!

Right from now onwards I am not going to get on the scales except for each Friday morning!!! When I will record my weight!!
This discussion has been closed.